Steps to reproduce
- create a iframe
- Set this iframe to render a page which contains frameset.
- create two button eg: display and hide
- using css display:none to hide the iframe when click hide button
- remove display:none to show the iframe when click show button
When toggle the hide/show button
iframe will be display after clicking show button and will be hidden after clicking hide button
iframe display a blank page in the second time when clicking the show button.
The html code structure see my screenshot or my example files.
Effect the updated version of IE11
- IE11 updated versions: 11.0.5 is working as expected.
- IE11 updated versions: 11.0.33 is effected. (latest updated version for now). (also tested 11.0.32 is effected as well.)
Comments and activity
I understand frameset and frame are obsolete in html5 https://www.w3.org/TR/html5-diff/#obsolete-elements
It is broken between IE11 updated versions: 11.0.5 and IE11 updated versions: 11.0.33. It should be treated as bug.
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Brad E.”
Changed Status to “Won’t fix”
you for the feedback. This issue appears to have been fixed in Microsoft Edge.
We’re not presently working on feature bugs in Internet Explorer outside of
security-related issues. If you have a premier support contract you can visit
a support incident and work with an engineer to address this issue.
Microsoft Edge Team