Steps to reproduce
Edge/IE11 Specific href mailto: Link Bug
- Set your default mail client to Outlook 2016.
- In a basic HTML file, within an <a> href mailto: value, add "subject=<some string containing a quotation mark>".
- Open the HTML file in Edge (or IE11).
- Click the mailto: link.
- Observe the following error in Outlook: “The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using.”
- Note that the exact same HTML results in successful email generation in Outlook when using Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Christian F.”
Changed Assigned To to “Travis L.”
Changed Assigned To to “Venkat K.”
Changed Assigned To from “Venkat K.” to “Nicolas A.”