Browser Extension not showing up in Debugger

Not reproducible Issue #8744722

Details

Author
Spencer
Created
Sep 2, 2016
Privacy
This issue is public.
Found in
  • Microsoft Edge
Found in build #
38
Reports
Reported by 1 person

Sign in to watch or report this issue.

Steps to reproduce

In the process of modifying our Chrome extension to run within Edge as well.

Unfortunately its content scripts are showing up in the Debugger tab. Instead of a clearly marked “Ultralink” entry with our content scripts we see a folder marked "(no domain)" with “about:blank” under it.

I notice that this "(no domain)" entry does not appear when I disable the extension and so I assume that is where the entry is expected to show up.

Attachments

Comments and activity

  • Microsoft Edge Team

    Changed Assigned To to “Akshay P.”

    Changed Assigned To to “Sebastian P.”

    Changed Assigned To to “Sermet I.”

    Changed Assigned To from “Sermet I.” to “Scott L.”

    Changed Status to “Confirmed”

    Changed Status from “Confirmed” to “Not reproducible”

  • Thanks for filing this bug. Unfortunately, I’m not able to repro this on my machine that’s running the latest public build. The Ultralink folder and content script folders appeared in F12 once I had enabled the extension and reloaded the page (see attached screen shot). Although you can’t see it, I also have a "(no domain)" entry that contains about:blank, so I’m not sure if that’s related.

  • Reliably reproduces on my machine. I have a second screenshot and System Information file that I want to attach, but I can’t seem to find any way to add more attachments.

  • This appears to be fixed in 15.14959

You need to sign in to your Microsoft account to add a comment.

Sign in