Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 is refreshing page

Needs root cause Issue #9123812 • Assigned to Alexey K.

Details

Created
Sep 29, 2016
Privacy
This issue is public.
Found in
  • Microsoft Edge
Found in build #
14.14393
Needs root cause
Sign in to suggest a root cause.
Reports
Reported by 2 people

Sign in to watch or report this issue.

Steps to reproduce

Our web app has started refreshing on a post. It is pretty consistent, about once every five posts. Immediately after our post, we see a request to watson.telemetry.microsoft.com. We blocked this host, but the issue remains. Does not occur on any other browsers, this is a stable existing app.

For what it is worth, the refresh seems to be related to when our page is running in a nested frameset (a frameset that contains another frameset).

When we let the telemetry request go through, it gets a 406 error, and does not return any bytes even though it is returning a content length.

Attachments

Comments and activity

  • Microsoft Edge Team

    Changed Assigned To to “Brad E.”

  • Would you be willing to provide us with a fiddler trace so we can look into the 406 response please?

  • Are you able to take a fiddler trace so we can look into this further? We need more information before we can consider this item actionable. Screenshots, reduced cases, fiddler, or wireshark trace - something along those lines will help.

  • Added two Fiddler files. Show same thing. First fiddler was from day of original post, second from today to make sure problem still exists. I did notice a specific patter. The host application is a frameset within a frameset. The refresh, and the Watson call, happen immediately after a POST returns a replacement frameset.

  • Microsoft Edge Team

    Changed Assigned To to “Rico M.”

    Changed Assigned To to “Dave B.”

    Changed Assigned To from “Dave B.” to “Rob H.”

    Changed Assigned To from “Rob H.” to “Brandon H.”

    Changed Status to “Confirmed”

    Changed Assigned To from “Brandon H.” to “Brad E.”

  • Hello,

    The Fiddler files seem to have gone missing somehow - in order for us to investigate further these are crucial. Would you happen to still have the files for re-upload?

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Looking forward to your update.

  • Re-attached the two Fiddler files. Also, I got a message from someone a month or so ago that the problem had been reproduced by Microsoft.

  • Microsoft Edge Team

    Changed Assigned To from “Brad E.” to “Brandon H.”

    Changed Status from “Confirmed”

    Changed Assigned To to “Rico M.”

    Changed Assigned To from “Rico M.” to “Josh P.”

    Changed Status to “Confirmed”

    Changed Status from “Confirmed”

    Changed Assigned To to “Venkat K.”

    Changed Assigned To from “Venkat K.” to “Alexey K.”

  • Changed Status to “Needs root cause”

You need to sign in to your Microsoft account to add a comment.

Sign in