Steps to reproduce
- Unpack the attached ZIP file and load it as an extension in Edge.
- Restart Edge.
- Load http://example.com/ in the active tab.
- Allow extensions from untrusted sources to load and wait a little for the message to appear (dismiss it).
- Reload “executeScript test” extension and wait a little for the message to appear (dismiss it).
- Reload http://example.com/ and repeat step 5.
A message “Content script running!” appears after steps 4, 5 and 6 - the extension always succeeds injecting its content script into the page.
The message “Failed executing script: Unknown error” appears after steps 4 and 5 -
browser.tabs.executeScript() always fails with
browser.runtime.lastError being “Unknown error” for pages that loaded before extensions were allowed. Only after step 6 you get the expected “Content script running!” message - the page was reloaded and became accessible to extensions now.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Brad E.”
Changed Assigned To from “Brad E.” to “Scott S.”