Thank you for your interest in learning more about IE Diagnostics. IE Diagnostics is a tool that gathers comprehensive dynamic and static data related to the Internet Explorer Platform Preview. To enable the IE team to reproduce and identify your problem efficiently, we urge you to attach an IE Diagnostics report to all of your bug submissions.
IE Diagnostics contains 2 major tool sets to perform its operations:
· Data Collectors: Collects static data such as Registry settings, Set up info, Installed add-ons, etc.
· Captures: Collects Network and/or Process information dynamically as you browse the web using the Internet Explorer Platform Preview.
[NOTE: If you are running the Explorer Platform Preview on Windows Vista operating system, you may not see the Network Capture feature in IE Diagnostics. This feature requires the latest Microsoft Network Monitor to be installed. You can install Microsoft Network Monitor 3.3 from here.]
From an open Internet Explorer Platform Preview window, click Report Issue and select the Run IE Diagnostics menu item
To save an IE Diagnostics report containing only static data about the Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer Platform Preview on your machine:
1. Click the Save Report As button.
2. Choose a different Filename and Save location if desired (the default Save format of CAB is preferred) and then click Save.
3. Attach the saved CAB file to the bug report on connect.microsoft.com.
To record a dynamic log of Network and Process data for an issue you encounter (Recommended):
1. Click on the Captures tab.
2. Check the boxes next to Network Capture and Process Logger and click Begin.
3. In the resulting Capture dialog, click on Start Capture.
4. Go back to your Internet Explorer Platform Preview window and perform the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
5. Click Stop and Save Capture in the Capture dialog.
6. In the IE Diagnostics tool window, click Save Report As.
7. Choose a different Filename and Save location if desired (the default Save format of CAB is preferred) and click Save.
8. Attach the saved CAB file to the bug report on connect.microsoft.com.
[NOTE: In both scenarios above, all Data Collectors will be run when the report is saved. If you’d like to include or omit a subset of the Data Collectors, go to the Data Collectors tab and select/un-select the desired set of Data Collectors.]