Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from June 25, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering around PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling and on yo teams plus special topics.
There have been a number of significant releases this week including: .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API, updates to Microsoft 365 Community Docs, SharePoint Starter Kit v2, Yo Teams video training package (eight 5 – 6-minute tutorials) and a video: No code solution to expose SharePoint pages in Microsoft Teams as personal apps. In this call, 2 demos are delivered: Modifying event/calendar list rendering using list formatting and Building enterprise 3D experiences with SharePoint spaces. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Register for Community Docs Sessions (June 26th and 29th) on the Sharing is Caring site. | aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly in Twitter.
Demos delivered in this session.
- Modifying event/calendar list rendering using list formatting – Not all pages on a modern site are modern by default and modern pages cannot be customized. See how to create a modern looking Events page using events-format-tiles-only.json. Configure list and tile views – color text, add hover card and beautify events list rendering.
- Building enterprise 3D experiences with SharePoint spaces – a site owner focused demo showing the immersive (2D and 3D) near-tactile experience in Sharepoint spaces that allows users to re-arrange how content is organized in this virtual environment. There is a full demo of space creation. SharePoint spaces may be provisioned with SharePoint provisioning service.
Topics covered in this call
- General community news – 4:27
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 8:31
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) – 11:33
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 14:35
- yo Teams updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) – 15:59
- Demo: Modifying event/calendar list rendering using list formatting | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 17:25
- Demo: Building enterprise 3D experiences with SharePoint spaces | Rodrigo Pinto (Storm Technology) | @ScoutmanPt – 29:37
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- Updates on Microsoft 365 Community Docs – June 2020
- SharePoint Starter Kit v2
- Video: No code solution to expose SharePoint pages in Microsoft Teams as personal apps
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- PnP Weekly – Episode 88 – Guest Andrew Connell
- Use column formatting to customize SharePoint
- List Formatting Samples
- Events Format sample
- SharePoint spaces web page
- Create a SharePoint space
- How to build an interactive library using SharePoint spaces | João Ferreira | @joao12ferreira
- Introducing new Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) landing page
- “A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit” Blog Series
- Help with GitHub? Sharing is Caring
- Parker’s Place
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Open-source – SharePoint & Open-source PnP | github.com/sharepoint & github.com/pnp
- SharePoint Framework | aka.ms/spfx
SharePoint Framework samples – web parts & extensions | aka.ms/spfx-webparts, aka.ms/spfx-extensions
- SharePoint Framework issues | aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint UserVoice | aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint look book
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Next Meeting is July 9, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 26th of June 2020