In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm, are joined by veteran (6 months) Cloud Developer Advocate focused on Microsoft Teams – Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac.
Tomomi actually has been working as a developer advocate for years. Now she is focused on learning the Microsoft product line in order to help others learn the product line. Discussion about competitive products and why it’s important to explain the capabilities of a product – the use scenario, in a way that conveys what’s possible to help the customer bridge the gap between business needs and technology capabilities. Presently, the crew is quite busy with triage, updates, consolidations, simplifications, etc. In response to how to explain the Microsoft 365 platform opportunity to partners, start with product integration, data locality, a single set of APIs, market size, support, and assistance landing apps.
Finally, hear about Tomomi’s Technology Doodles! A big week of publishing – 21 recently released articles and videos from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted as well. As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek, or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, October 26, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Introducing Zoho Notebook for Microsoft Teams: Bring your thoughts and teams together | Ankur Yadav (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Partners with Salesforce to Deliver Microsoft Teams Integration for Sales and Service | Microsoft Teams team (Microsoft)
- The Intrazone, partner edition: Rightpoint with customer, Grant Thornton | Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Importing 3rd party platform messages to Microsoft Teams is now available in beta | Microsoft 365 Team
- Survey or quiz your friends and family with Microsoft Forms, now available for personal use | Gareth Oystryk (Microsoft)
- Azure Communication Services (preview) | Microsoft
- Microsoft Teams Apps for Meetings | Rajesh Rangarajan (Microsoft)
- Azure Communication Services with Shawn Henry | Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast | Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) | @jthake & Paul Schaeflein (AddIn365) | @paulschaeflein
- Beginners Guide to MS Teams Development #2: Bots | Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac
- Microsoft Teams Development Samples | PnP Community
- HTTP Status Cats app for Microsoft Teams – Sample | Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac
- HTTP Status Cats App for Microsoft Teams – Video | Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac
- Microsoft Graph API to create a team is now in GA and supports a new permission level | Jarbas Horst (Valo Intranet) | @devjhorst
- Outlook and SharePoint Events, Time Zones, Display Dates | Alex Terentiev (Sharepointalist) | @alexaterentiev
- M365 Developer Bootcamp | Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese
- Hosting my first ever Developer Bootcamp in Microsoft Teams : A retrospect | Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia
- SPFx Cascading Dropdown In Property Pane | Chandani Prajapati | @Chandani_SPD
- Microsoft Teams | How to create your personal space or Me experience on Teams | Giuliano De Luca | @DeLucaGiulian
- Episode #121 – Introducing Microsoft 365 PnP Core SDK (aka PnP Graph First SDK) | Paolo Pialorsi (Piasys) | @PaoloPia
- Search-based Messaging Extension for Microsoft Teams | Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- A temporary message on top of your SharePoint Page | Christophe Humbert | @Path2SharePoint
- Microsoft Graph in the GitHub
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices Team – 27th of October 2020