In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm, are joined by Data Architect, Transition Evangelist, Data Platform MVP Isabelle van Campenhoudt (ShareQL – Power Platform Associates) | @thesqlgrrrl, based in Belgium.
Topics discussed – The challenge for customers today is too much data, its availability, accuracy, recency, history, and shareability. The multiple levels of reporting on which all agree that what’s more important is what information needs to be conveyed in the report. Training needs to focus on “Consuming a Report” – and how to understand and manipulate data in a visual way. Finally, discussion on organizing or cataloging data, there is a data governance tool – Microsoft Azure Pureview – previously known as data catalog.
This episode was recorded on Monday, December 7, 2020.
- Video at Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel.
- Podcast format at https://pnpweekly.podbean.com.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- 12th of December – Microsoft 365 Saturday Bangalore 2020
- 16th of December – Learn Together: Developing Apps for Teams – Microsoft
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | November 2020 – Microsoft
- Microsoft Teams calling devices for every user – Microsoft
- Host your next virtual party in Microsoft Teams with apps and screen sharing games – Microsoft
- Introducing the SharePoint Success Site – Drive adoption and get the most out of SharePoint – Matt Wolodarsky (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: November 2020 – Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Search query API for Microsoft Graph is now Generally Available! – Microsoft 365 Team
- Announcing public preview of the Microsoft Teams Activity Feed API on Microsoft Graph – Abhishek Anand (Microsoft)
- How to create single sign-on authentication for tab apps with Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code – Microsoft 365 Team
- Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference – keynotes, sessions, and workshops – Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- New Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) team members – Microsoft 365 PnP team | @m365pnp
- Improving search relevance in Microsoft Teams – Bill Baer (Microsoft) | @williambaer
- Christmas theme for your Modern SharePoint sites – Ram Prasad (Infineon Technologies) | @ram_meenavalli
- How to add Microsoft Clarity to modern SharePoint – João Ferreira (Beezy) | @Joao12Ferreira
- Send Notifications in Teams – Luis Mañez (ClearPeople) | @luismanez
- How to get started with SharePoint Look Book – Gregory Zelfond (SharePoint Maven) | @gregoryzelfond
- SharePoint Framework development tips: enhance your developer experience for newly created components – Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq) | @sergeev_srg
- Microsoft Teams Incoming Webhooks – 365 Days of Cloud | @365days_cloud
- Episode #131 – Building Microsoft Teams Messaging Extensions with Yo Teams – Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- PnP Core SDK – Working with pages: an introduction | – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365Bert
- The tools for a SharePoint developer – Part 2 – Laurent Sittler (UMAknow) | @laul0_68
- A little bit more security – Robert Crane (Computer Information Agency) | @directorcia
- How to install or upgrade to the latest Office Yeoman Generator (Yo Office) – Cameron Dwyer (OnePlace Solutions) | @CameronDwyer
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practice (PnP) – 8th of December