This month’s call hosted by Jun Pak included a demonstration on how to implement an OAuth 2.0 authentication flow in Microsoft Teams and a presentation of the new Microsoft Teams UI Kit and Library to help designers, product managers, and developers quickly understand the key design considerations for making quality Teams apps and simplify the process by providing templates and tools to use.
Demo: Implementing Microsoft Teams OAuth 2.0 Authentication Flow
This month, Ramin Ahmadi joined our community call to demonstrate how to implement a Microsoft Teams OAuth 2.0 authentication flow. Ramin provided an initial overview of OAuth 2.0 before going over the different types of OAuth 2.0 authentication flows including:
- Authorization Code
- Implicit Flow
- Client Credentials
- Resource Owner Password Credentials
The demo which Ramin walked the community through focused on the first flow, Authorization Code.
You can find this sample in the Teams Dev Sample GitHub repo here.
Teams UI Toolkit and UI Library
The second half our call was focused on the new Teams UI design resources that are now available for use. Emily Chen from the Microsoft Teams team joined us to present on all the great design resources that have been created to make the design experience as seamless as possible. During this presentation she covered the following new resources which you can access in the links below. For further information on these new resources, you can also read a recent blog post we compiled that cover these, as well.
Teams UI Design Resources:
- UI toolkit (Figma)
- Playground (Storybook)
- App Sample (GitHub)
- UI Templates (GitHub)
- NPM package for UI templates
Watch the call here
We are continually looking for ways to enhance our calls and gather feedback. Please take a couple minutes to fill out this form to tell us how the call went, what we can do to be better, and what future topics you’d like addressed.
Microsoft Teams Resources
- Microsoft Teams Learn Modules
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- Yeoman generator to build Teams apps
- Microsoft Teams developer documentation
- Microsoft Teams issues and technical questions – StackOverflow
- Microsoft Teams Platform feature recommendations and suggestions – Microsoft Teams User Voice
- Ask the Experts – Discussion and Blogs – Microsoft Tech Community
- Microsoft Teams Feedback
- Microsoft Teams sample apps
- Join the Microsoft Office 365 Developer Program
The next call in this series will be on Tuesday, February 16, 2020 at 8:00AM PST. Download the calendar invite at https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall