Presentation covers following topics:
- Options to access SharePoint data from SharePoint Framework solution
- Raw REST API
- SPHttpClient class from SharePoint Framework
- SharePoint PnP JS Core library
Web cast demo (16:55) shows following details
- Demonstration of the differences between the options
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://docs.com/OfficeDevPnP.
Video at YouTube.
See following resources around the SharePoint Framework.
- Using sp-pnp-js (PnP JS Core library) with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Code sample – knockout-sp-pnp-js – Using sp-pnp-js with Knockout.js
- Guidance for the feature framework based asset provisioning
- SharePoint Framework documentation
- SharePoint Framework Tutorials
- Sample SharePoint Framework web parts in GitHub
- Open and Connected Framework – The SharePoint Framework – YouTube
- PnP Webcast – Provisioning SharePoint assets for your SharePoint Framework solution
- PnP Webcast – Validating SharePoint Framework client-side web part property values
- PnP Webcast – Getting started with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Cascading property pane drop-downs with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Building multi-view React client-side web parts with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Building real time news feed web part with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Building multi-view Angular 1.x client-side web parts with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Building a sample search web part with SharePoint Framework using React
- PnP Webcast – Azure AD implicit flow with SPFx client-side web part (developer preview)
- PnP Webcast – CRUD operations with SharePoint Framework client-side web parts
- PnP Webcast – Using Office Graph from SharePoint client-side web parts
- PnP Webcast – Building Angular SharePoint Framework client-side web part
- PnP Webcast – Building simple SharePoint Framework Client Web Part
- PnP Webcast – Integrating Angular v1.x to SharePoint Framework client side web part
- PnP Webcast – Getting started with web stack in SharePoint Development
- PnP Webcast – Preparing for SharePoint Framework – What should I learn?
What is SharePoint Patterns & Practices (PnP) web cast series?
SharePoint Patterns & Practices (PnP) webcast series covers different patterns, practices and topics around development with Office 365 and SharePoint. Majority of the topics are valid for the Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. Our objective is to release new around 30 minute long web cast each Monday with few slides and a live demo on the covered topic. All web casts are published at the PnP YouTube channel with additional references on the existing materials.
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning’s around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen in our GitHub repositories under dev branch and each month there will be a master merge (monthly release) with more comprehensive testing and communications. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly community calls which are open for anyone from the community. Download invite from http://aka.ms/SPPnP-Call.
This is work done by the community for the community without any actual full time people. It’s been great to find both internal and external people who are willing to assist and share their learning’s for the benefit of others. This way we can build on the common knowledge of us all. Currently program is facilitated by Microsoft, but already at this point we have multiple community members as part of the Core team and we are looking to extend the Core team with more community members.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around PnP program or this blog post, please use the Microsoft Tech Community (SharePoint Developer group).
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, SharePoint, Microsoft – 13th of March 2017