For the last few years, Microsoft has hosted the Office 365 app awards at the Ignite conference We’re excited to announce that this year’s awards event will recognize companies that have built applications on the Microsoft 365 platform for both Office and Windows.
Which apps and integrations are eligible for recognition?
Apps and integrations that are published or updated in AppSource and Microsoft Store on or after September 26, 2018. The exception to this is SharePoint Framework Web Part or Extension, Microsoft Graph Integration or Microsoft Graph REST API that has been published and made generally available for users on or after September 26, 2018. For the purpose of this contest, apps and integrations are defined as:
- Office, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive or SharePoint integrations
- SharePoint Framework web parts or extensions
- Windows 10 apps
- Any application that connects to Microsoft 365 via Microsoft Graph
Help us recognize Microsoft 365 apps by nominating the best apps you’ve used at work, school, or at home. Consider nominating apps that offer users a great experience and value, leverage Microsoft Graph and other cloud services, modernize the experience through Natural User Interface or through Windows 10 capabilities. Examples of these Office and Windows apps which may include technologies such as:
- Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Bots Framework, Microsoft Identity
- Azure Cognitive Services, AI
- Touch, ink, speech
- Fluent, ML, MSIX
Categories for 2019 Microsoft app awards
- Best Overall App: exhibits a mix of best user experience, integration, and business value.
- Best User Experience: exhibits a consistent, integrated, and usable user experience and integrates well with Microsoft 365 platform.
- Most Business Value: improves organizational or individual productivity, improves collaboration and integrates well with Microsoft 365 platform.
- Best Integration: integrates well and leverages the power and context of the Microsoft 365 platform and responds well to user interaction.
- People’s Choice: receives the most votes submitted via a public vote submission forum.
How are apps and integrations judged?
Judging is done by Microsoft employees. Apps and integrations are scored based on:
- The uniqueness and differentiated value of the experience relative to others in its category
- How well it integrates and leverages the power and context of the Microsoft 365 platform
- Its ability to enhance business value through organizational and individual productivity or creativity
- Overall user experience and quality
- Specific judging criteria for each category are listed in the Official Rules