SharePoint development monthly community call is our monthly review for SharePoint developers to stay up to date on the latest changes to SharePoint Dev topics from an engineering and community perspective. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month and we cover a summary of SharePoint Development engineering news, latest guidance, status in UserVoice, community contributions and other relevant topics.
This is the recording of SharePoint Dev Ecosystem / Patterns and Practices (PnP) monthly community call from Tuesday, February 11, 2020. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s time stamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the SharePoint Dev YouTube Channel. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft).
- SharePoint Dev engineering update with latest news and roadmap – 7:58
- UserVoice status for SharePoint Dev – 10:16
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in past month – 12:40
- Topic – SharePoint Framework AMA (Ask Me/us Anything) on SharePoint Framework current or future plans with unified extensibility model, a.k.a. SPFx vNext – 15:16
The AMA panel – leaders from the Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams engineering team included: Luca Bandinelli (Principal Program Manager owning SPFx specifications and features), Pat Miller (Development Lead for SPFx), and John Nguyen (Senior Software Engineer). The discussion and revelations consumed 41 minutes and surely could have continued much longer. A few of the questions posed: Is there a new name for SPFx? To what extent is SPFx backward compatible? What is the plan to support dynamic data in the modern SharePoint list web part?, what new extensions are queued up to be released?, is there a plan for exposing SPFx extensions in Microsoft AppSource? and many more great questions.
Full recording – available from SharePoint Developer YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Presentation slides used in the community call is available from OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- Update – Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community PnP – February 2020 update
- Update – SharePoint look book
- Tutorial – Updated SharePoint Framework v1.10 tutorials – February, 2020
- SharePoint Dev Weekly – Episode 70
- UserVoice – SharePoint Dev
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance
- Preallocating space for SharePoint Framework extension placeholders
- SharePoint Framework v1.10
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint look book
- Microsoft Ignite 2019 – On Demand recordings
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough with http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of February 2020