Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from June 11, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering around PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling and on yo Teams plus special topics.
June product releases: PnP CSOM Core library, PnP PowerShell, Modernization Scanner v2.12, yo Teams – 2.15.0-preview2. To be delivered within days: yo teams training package (8 getting started videos) and a video: “No code solution to expose SharePoint pages in Microsoft Teams as personal apps” + documentation on how to embed SharePoint pages into Microsoft Teams. There are no demos in this call, however Bert Jansen (Microsoft) and Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) delivered an introduction (history, roadmap, call to action) on the PnP Graph first library. Also known as PnP Core SDK – a .NET based SDK that unites breath of Microsoft Graph with the depth of SharePoint REST for easy improved automation. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Register for First-Time Contributor Sessions (June 18th, 19th & 22nd) on the Sharing is Caring site. | aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Register for Community Docs Sessions (June 26th and 29th) on the Sharing is Caring site. | aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Call for PnP Core SDK contributors – use, test, extend, document, create samples | https://aka.ms/pnp/coresdk/contributors
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly in Twitter.
Topics covered in this call
- General community news – 1:38
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 5:05
- PnP PowerShell updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 6:40
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 7:38
- yo Teams updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) – 8:54
- Preview: Introduction to PnP Graph first library for easy improved automation| Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365Bert & Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com) | @paolopia – 10:13
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- Introducing new Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) landing page
- Microsoft 365 Community Content
- “A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit” Blog Series
- Help with GitHub? Sharing is Caring
- Parker’s Place
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Open-source – SharePoint & Open-source PnP | github.com/sharepoint & github.com/pnp
- SharePoint Framework | aka.ms/spfx
SharePoint Framework samples – web parts & extensions | aka.ms/spfx-webparts, aka.ms/spfx-extensions
- SharePoint Framework issues | aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint UserVoice | aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint look book
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Next Meeting is June 25, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of June 2020