Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from May 14, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering.
On May 12th, open-source project releases included: PnP CSOM Core library, PnP PowerShell, Page Transformation, and yo Teams Preview 2.14.0 (Release version due before month end). Modernization Scanner 2.11 is slated for end of May release. Attention contributors/testers – Preview 1 of new Microsoft Graph including Microsoft 365 library (.Net Standard) expected out May 26th. Visit the new Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) landing page at aka.ms/m365pnp. Two Teams related demos are delivered in this call – tenant level provisioning of Teams sites and exposing Teams apps in SharePoint Online (SPO). Use cases for each are discussed near the end of the session. The take away: You build apps using the tools you are familiar today while Microsoft focuses on enabling thse solutions across the Microsoft 365 platform. Hold the date: Search Customization is the featured topic in the next SharePoint PnP community monthly call on June 9th.
Demos delivered in this session.
- Latest on Microsoft Teams provisioning capabilities with PnP Tenant Templates – see how to re-purpose Microsoft Teams Tabs (apps) as SharePoint web parts and as full-page apps.
- Building Microsoft Teams solutions with yo teams which are also exposed in SharePoint – step through 3 provisioning scenarios leveraging templates in the PnP Provisioning engine along with the corresponding PowerShell scripts to provision Teams, Teamified SPO sites, and related content.
- General community news – 5:18
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 6:23
- PnP PowerShell updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 8:46
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 10:18
- yo Teams updates – Wictor Wilén (Avanade) – 12:24
- Demo: Latest on Microsoft Teams provisioning capabilities with PnP Tenant Templates | Paolo Pialorsi (Piasys) | @PaoloPia – 14:48
- Demo: Building Microsoft Teams solutions with yo Teams which are also exposed in SharePoint | Wictor Wilén (Avanade) | @wictor – 40:40
- Q&A in chat throughout call.
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- Community Demo – Introduction to Initialize-PnPPowerShellAuthentication cmdlet | Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet)
- Community Demo – Implementing a Single sign-on (SSO) Microsoft Teams tab using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade) | @wictor
- Community Demo – Getting started on using yo Teams for building your Microsoft Teams solutions | Wictor Wilén (Avanade) | @wictor
- Sample scripts from Paolo’s demo
- Introducing new Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) landing page
- Microsoft 365 Community Content
- “A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit” Blog Series
- Help with GitHub? Sharing is Caring
- Parker’s Place
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Open-source – SharePoint & Open-source PnP | github.com/sharepoint & github.com/pnp
- SharePoint Framework | aka.ms/spfx
SharePoint Framework samples – web parts & extensions | aka.ms/spfx-webparts, aka.ms/spfx-extensions
- SharePoint Framework issues | aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint UserVoice | aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint look book
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Next Meeting is May 28, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 15th of May 2020