Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from November 26, 2020.
Recording at Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 engineering and updates on open-source projects: PnP .NET libraries, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling, on yo Teams, on Microsoft Graph Toolkit, and on Microsoft Teams Samples.
New Releases: Preview 3 of the PnP Core SDK – adding support for Modern pages. Preview of PnP Framework (Sites Core). Nightly builds of PnP PowerShell. New release v2.17.0 for yo teams and vNext on the horizon. Microsoft Graph Toolkit – Latest update (2.0-preview.6) and new supporting content. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
With hands raised – so many appear to know the answer. Wait, what was the question? Today’s Together Mode photo.
- Register for a First Time Contributor Session – December 1st (US friendly times available) or 7th of December (APAC Friendly Time)
- Register for a Community Docs Session – December 15th
- Register for Using PnP SPFx Samples w/NVM – December 9th
- Register for Developer Workstation Setup for SharePoint Framework – December 9th & December 15th
- Register to Developing Apps for Microsoft Teams Learn session – December 16th
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit – Contribution contest – Details to come
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Demos delivered in this session
- Speed up developer onboarding with GitHub Codespaces and VS Code Remote Development – Concentrates on how to use Containers for isolating development environments between projects. So how to get your development machine ready for starting to contribute. This same model is used by GitHub Codespaces which enables the use of containers directly from cloud without any need to install specific things locally.
- Building Search based Messaging Extension for Microsoft Teams – How to build Messaging Extensions using the Microsoft Teams Toolkit, including the reasoning my you would develop Messaging Extension in first place.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: (https://aka.ms/teams-sample)
- Search based GIPHY app with Microsoft Teams Toolkit – Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia
- Me experience as personal application build with SPFx – Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- PnP.NET library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 6:14
- PnP PowerShell updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 11:29
- yo Teams updates – Wictor Wilén (Avanade) @wictor – 12:26
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft)| @vesajuvonen – 14:57
- Microsoft Teams samples – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 16:06
- Demo: Speed up developer onboarding with GitHub Codespaces and VS Code Remote Development – Garry Trinder (CPS)| @garrytrinder – 17:25
- Demo: Building Search based Messaging Extension for Microsoft Teams – Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia – 35:13
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides
- Slides used in this community call
- Document – Use the Microsoft Graph Toolkit with React – Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Document – Me Experience in Microsoft Teams using Microsoft Graph Tookit and SPFx – Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia
- Document – Connect your React app to Microsoft 365 – Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Document – App Templates for Microsoft Teams
- Developing online with GitHub Codespaces
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit extension for Visual Studio Code
- PnP Weekly – Episode 106 with guest Serge Luca (Power Platform Associates) | @sergeluca | video | podcast
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
The next meeting is on December 10, 2020, see you there!
General Microsoft 365 Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted at anyone who’s interested in the general Microsoft 365 development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft – 27th of November 2020