Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from April 30, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering.
- Out now – SharePoint Online Management Shell v16.0.20017.12000, yo Teams tutorial: “Build a Tab with Single-Sign-On Support”, and the Graph Team’s latest blog series installment: “A Lap around Microsoft Graph Toolkit Day 6 – The Power of mgt-get”
- May – PnP CSOM Core library, PnP PowerShell and Modernization tooling – Page transformation releases expected May 9. CSOM Core – Preview 1 of new Microsoft Graph first Microsoft 365 library (.Net Standard) directed to contributors/testers and also Modernization tooling – scanner due out in mid-May.
- June – in addition to the usual monthly tool releases, look for Beta V4 of PnP Sites Core library using CSOM for .Net Standard for SPO, regular CSOM for on-premises versions.
Three demos are delivered in this session.
- SharePoint Lists custom formatting – Hover cards – using default out-of-box and SPFx custom hover card and conditional formatting capabilities together to create a richer click/hover list experience. This demo builds on the hover cards demo delivered in this SIG call, April 16th.
- Inside The Vault: How IBERIABANK is using SharePoint Online during Covid-19 – a regional bank SharePoint Administrator shares how she delivered in days a no code out-of-box solution using SharePoint Online and Power Automate to respond to COVID-19 requirements.
- Introduction to Microsoft 365 Community docs – a quick tour of the new Microsoft 365 Community Content page. The community vetted content that addresses real-world experiences is expressly targeted to Makers, Citizen Developers, Site Owners, Site Collection Admins.
Topics covered in this call
- General community news – 3:05
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 5:06
- PnP PowerShell updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) – 6:40
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 7:50
- yo Teams updates – Wictor Wilén (Avanade) – 9:53
- Demo: SharePoint Lists custom formatting – Hover cards | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 12:26
- Demo: Inside The Vault: How IBERIABANK is using SharePoint Online during Covid-19 | Theresa (Eller) Lubelski (IBERIABANK) | @SharePointMadam – 30:40
- Demo: Introduction to Microsoft 365 Community docs | Marc D Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting) | @sympmarc – 47:35
- Q&A in chat throughout call.
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- Full documentation – Column Formatting
- List formatting samples
- Default hover cards – column samples
- Custom hover cards – column samples
- Default hover cards – view samples
- Custom hover cards – view samples
- Default card on hover via column formatting
- Demo: Custom Cards and Default hover cards on Lists | Niket Jain | @niketjain2002
- Microsoft 365 Community Content
- Announcing the Microsoft 365 Community Docs
- “A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit” Blog Series
- Demo – Set up Teams Tabs with SSO | Wictor Wilén (Avanade) | @wictor |
- Help with GitHub? Sharing is Caring
- Parker’s Place
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Open-source – SharePoint & Open-source PnP | github.com/sharepoint & github.com/pnp
- SharePoint Framework | aka.ms/spfx
SharePoint Framework samples – web parts & extensions | aka.ms/spfx-webparts, aka.ms/spfx-extensions
- SharePoint Framework issues | aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint UserVoice | aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint look book
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Next Meeting is May 14, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 1st of May 2020