Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from January 7, 2020.
Recording at Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 engineering and updates on open-source projects: PnP .NET libraries, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling, on yo Teams, on Microsoft Graph Toolkit, and on Microsoft Teams Samples.
Happy New Year! This call was recorded a week before the normally scheduled monthly project releases, but no matters as you are brought up to speed on efforts across PnP projects. A number of new training sessions and delivery dates have been added to the PnP Sharing is Caring site. As well, there were 3 new Microsoft Teams samples delivered during the holidays! The host of this call was Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com) | @paolopia. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- PnP .NET libraries – Framework GA – days from now, Core SDK Beta v2.0 – days from now
- PnP PowerShell – Cross-Platform nightly builds and v1.0.0 – days from now, Classic current, but no longer updated
- yo teams – v3.0 Preview days from now, Most recent release: v2.17.1
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit – Most recent release v2.0
Today’s Together Mode photo – a Community occasion.
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events
- First Time Contributor Session – January 11th, 19th 26th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – January 18th
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx) Developer Workstation Setup – January 20th
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx) Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – January 25th
- PnP – AMA (Ask Me Anything) – Community Docs Edition – January 12th
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: (https://aka.ms/TeamsSampleBrowser)
- Create Microsoft Teams Meeting with Calling & Meeting Bot – Abtin Amini and Arun Kumar Anaparthi
- Teams Bot with Azure AD Single Sign-On in .NET Core – Abtin Amini and Arun Kumar Anaparthi
- One Productivity Hub: MS Graph Toolkit 2.0 – Sébastien Levert (Valo Intranet) | @sebastienlevert
Demos delivered in this session
- Modern Content Query Web Part with Microsoft Graph Toolkit capabilities – powerful new components delivered by the Microsoft Graph Toolkit (MGT) is now accessible from within the Property Pane of the React Modern Content Query web part. See how “people” information is accessed from the Graph using dynamic handlebar templating as well as list formatting options. Use the MGT playground to evaluate components and iron out HTML code before inserting it into a template.
- Introduction to new SharePoint Success Site template in look book service – a new content set in the Learning Pathways web part, integrated into a new SharePoint Communications site template. Targeted to site owners who need to create a site for a department. Owner visits Success Site to understand what’s possible – Inspiration. Site guides owner through Planning, Building, Launching, and Managing a communications site. With Learning Pathways present in the tenant, download the Success Site template from SharePoint look book.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- PnP.NET library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 7:17
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) | @erwinvanhunen – 11:15
- yo Teams updates – Wictor Wilén (Avanade) | @wictor – 14:58
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit updates – Beth Pan (Microsoft) | @beth_panx – 17:18
- Microsoft Teams samples – Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com) | @paolopia – 19:40
- Demo: Modern Content Query Web Part with Microsoft Graph Toolkit capabilities – David Warner (Catapult) | @DavidWarnerII & Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh – 22:31
- Demo: Introduction to new SharePoint Success Site template in look book service – Matt Wolodarsky (Microsoft) | @mwolodarsky – 43:50
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides
- Slides used in this community call
- Documentation – Microsoft Graph Toolkit Overview
- Repo – Content Query web part (SharePoint Online-Compatible)
- Sandbox site – Microsoft Graph Toolkit Playground
- Website – handlebars
- Website – SHAREPOINT SUCCESS SITE
- Documentation – Introduction to the SharePoint Success Site
- Website – Microsoft 365 learning pathways
- Documentation – Create guidelines for site usage
- Documents – Microsoft 365 Community Content
- Twitter – M365Maturity
- Twitter – Microsoft 365 Community Docs
- Website – Sharing-Is-Caring Initiatives
- Discussions – microsoft-365-community
- PnP Weekly – Episode 108 with guest Isabelle van Campenhoudt (ShareQL – Power Platform Associates) | @thesqlgrrrl, | video | podcast
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- SharePoint monthly call: January 12th at 08:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/sp-call
- Office add-in monthly call: January 13th at 8 AM PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- SharePoint Framework call: January 14th at 07:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Adaptive Cards monthly call: January 14th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Microsoft Teams monthly call: January 18th at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call: January 20th at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- M365 General Dev call: January 21st at 07:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft Graph call: February 2nd at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftgraphcall
General Microsoft 365 Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted at anyone who’s interested in the general Microsoft 365 development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft – 8th of January 2021