Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from April 2, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering around PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling and on yo Teams. This call previously known as General SharePoint Dev SIG has been renamed to General Microsoft 365 Dev SIG as we are routinely discussing products and integrations across the Microsoft 365 platform. A yo Teams section has been added to this call, managed by Wictor Wilén (Avanade). The next PnP CSOM, PnP PowerShell and Modernization Tooling releases are expected by April 14. Generally speaking, engineering focus for upcoming releases is on Microsoft Teams integration and cross platform authentication. Six month roadmap for CSOM is reviewed. On March 25, released yo Teams 2.13.0-preview2 including SSO tab features that will be demoed in this session. Full yo Teams release build expected in mid-April. Parker’s Place is now open, all proceeds go to charity.
Two demos were delivered in this session.
- Building no-code solutions by connecting web parts based on list data – efficiently create a connected contextual doc library page (mini application) by integrating 1st and 3rd party web parts and by using scripts from the sample’s library to format views.
- Implementing a Single sign-on (SSO) Microsoft Teams tab using yo Teams – creating a new or exposing one of your existing SPFx web applications in a Teams tab and need to verify user is signed-in? New tab features in yo Teams addresses SSO requirements.
The call was hosted by Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft). ACTION: Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly in Twitter.
Topics covered on April 2, 2020
- General community news – 4:28
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 8:05
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) – 14:24
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 16:25
- yo Teams updates – Wictor Wilén (Avanade) – 17:46
- Demo: Building no-code solutions by connecting web parts based on list data | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 19:08
- Demo: Implementing a Single sign-on (SSO) Microsoft Teams tab using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor – 32:55
- Q&A in chat throughout call.
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- Help with GitHub? Sharing is Caring
- PnP Weekly – Episode 77 – Video, Podcast guest is Wictor Wilén
- Parker’s Place
- Video button sample demo (Web parts working together) | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent
- Column formatting – Full Documentation
- Generic Video button view sample
- Document Navigator view sample (coming soon)
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Formatting samples
- Yo Teams GitHub repo
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint look book
- Sharing is Caring page
- List formatting samples
- List column formatting documentation
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Guidance – Sharing is caring
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- SharePoint Modernization Partner (Anyone) Guidance – First release!
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- Page transformation documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is April 16, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 3rd of April 2020