In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by Wictor Wilén – global innovation lead for modern workplace at Avanade, SharePoint MVP for 10 years, SP Master, SP Certified Architect and creator of Yo Teams, to learn more about his increased focus on Microsoft Teams extensibility.
For Wictor, his latest work is in no way a departure from SharePoint rather as Azure and Microsoft 365 capabilities are working hand-in-hand, Teams opens new doors to add onto SharePoint. The group discusses the differences between developing apps for Teams vs for SharePoint. As well as differences between the requirements of knowledge workers vs first line workers – who are keenly interested in actionable apps. The attraction of the Teams platform is wide access to a host of complementary capabilities – bots, conversations, integrations, content store, chat, video, phone all tied together by Microsoft Graph and Azure Active Directory. Teams was built to be extensible. Architects – are you designing apps for the remote work future in which we are finding ourselves today?
If you are interested in the topic of Microsoft Teams app single-sign-on, you will not want to miss Wictor’s demo focused on this topic during the SP Dev Ecosystem call on Thursday April 2, 2020.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, March 30, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- Update #2 on Microsoft cloud services continuity | Microsoft
- Alternative ways for security professionals and IT to achieve modern security controls in today’s unique remote work scenarios | Microsoft
- SharePoint mobile app will now allow admins to customize their tenant theme with branding | Brad McCabe (Microsoft)
- Slack is working on integrating with rival Microsoft Teams for calls, says CEO Stewart Butterfield | CNBC
- Microsoft Teams App Project Generator – #YoTeams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)
- Getting started on using yo Teams for building your Microsoft Teams solutions | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)
- Office 365 CLI v2.8 | Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore)
- Office 365 CLI Discussions at GitHub | PnP Crew
- How to remove a faulty tab from a channel | João Ferreira (Beezy)
- Support Microsoft Teams Themes in SharePoint Framework Solutions | Alex Terentiev (SharePointlist)
- Searching within Office 365 Groups or Teams content | Mikael Svenson (Microsoft)
- Episode #94 – Tenant Properties with PnPjs | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys)
- SPFx overclockers or how to significantly speed up the “gulp serve” command |Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq)
- Retention in SharePoint Online – The Where, What, and How | Joanne Klein
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 31st of March 2020