Microsoft Search transforms the way people in your organization find the info they need and whether it’s integrated with Microsoft 365 or used as a standalone solution, Microsoft Search is a secure, easily managed, enterprise search experience that works across all your applications and services to deliver more relevant search results and increase productivity.
We understand that search works best when you can make it your own and extend it beyond the apps and services you use every day, tailoring it to your unique business needs. Many of our partners and customers have built solutions using the breadth of our search APIs and now we’re pleased to announce that we’re making the Microsoft Search API in the Microsoft Graph available in v1.0. The transition from /beta means you can now query and work with available Microsoft 365 entities in your own production apps and services.
For example, you will be able to
- Embed in your own application, the same search results showing up in the current SharePoint Modern search experience.
- Use search to facilitate content discovery for information available in SharePoint, based on keywords queries.
- Surface Graph Connector (Preview) content in your own application
We are thrilled to announce the general availability of the Microsoft Search API in the Microsoft Graph.
With the Microsoft Search query API users can:
- Have personalized search results for Microsoft 365 content. This leverages many different signals available in the Microsoft Graph to provide users with the best results.
- Search for email messages, and get relevant email messages statisfying the search query
- Search for calendar events
- Search for any content in OneDrive or SharePoint : driveItem, listItems, lists, sites, and drives
- Select properties in search results, including custom properties defined in SharePoint
- Apply filtering using (Keyword Query Language) in search terms
Some capabilities are still in /beta (sort, refiners) and we are , and on plans to bring some more capabilities to our customers.
We look forward to hearing from you on what you’ve build with search.