June’s call, hosted by Kim Brandl and Doug Mahugh, featured the following presenters and topics:
- Doug Mahugh, Senior Dev Writer, presented an overview of the Office Add-ins
- Keyur Patel, Senior Program Manager, presented a recap of Office Extensibility announcements from Microsoft Build 2019.
- Kim Brandl, Senior Dev Writer, shared an update about the general availability of Microsoft Edge WebView for Office Add-ins.
- Joe Zhao, Senior Software Engineer, presented about Working with Excel in Microsoft Graph.
- Ricky Kirkham, Senior Dev Writer, presented about tips ‘n tricks for working with the Office Add-ins documentation.
- Andrew Hall, President @ AnalysisPlace, presented about how Office Add-ins power AnalysisPlace document automation solutions.
Watch the call here.
View the presentation here.
The next Office Add-ins community call is on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 8:00AM PST. You can download a recurring calendar invite at https://aka.ms/officeaddinscommunitycall.
Engage with us
Are you interested in delivering a presentation during an upcoming Office Add-ins community call? Or would you be willing to provide feedback aimed at helping to improve the Office Add-ins documentation? If you answered yes to either (or both!) of these questions, please connect with us by completing this short survey form.
We welcome you to submit questions and topic suggestions in advance of each call by using our short survey form. Here’s the Q&A for questions that were submitted for June’s call:
Can you create a new workbook (Excel file) using the Graph API?
Microsoft Graph does not currently support creating a new Excel workbook (file). For information about Graph API capabilities in Excel, see Working with Excel in Microsoft Graph.
We’re happy to hear that you find the Yeoman generator templates useful and appreciate this suggestion. If you’d like to log an issue in the OfficeDev/generator-office GitHub repository to submit this feature request, the team that maintains the Yeoman generator will consider it as they plan future releases.
What is the best way to get technical support for Office Add-ins development? Is there an online forum for Office Add-ins development where I can post questions?
We want to deploy our Word Add-in to AppSource. Can you provide a pointer to information about how to do this?
For information about publishing your Office Add-in to AppSource, see Make your solutions available in AppSource and within Office. Additionally, Deploy and publish your Office Add-in contains information about all options for deploying Office Add-ins.
Is there a plan to release a new Word API requirement set with features to enable API access to comments within a Word document? If yes, then what’s the timeline for release?
From June’s call
- Office Add-ins documentation
- Excel custom functions
- Make your office Add-ins compatible with an existing COM add-in (preview)
- Office Extensibility @ Microsoft Build 2019
- Microsoft Edge WebView for Office Add-ins
- Microsoft Graph
- Microsoft Graph Explorer
- AnalysisPlace document automation solution
Office Add-ins community call
- Recurring, monthly community call calendar invite
- Community call topic requests and questions
- Community call recordings on the YouTube Office Dev channel
Office Add-ins feedback