May’s call, hosted by David Chesnut, featured the following presenters and topics:
- Alex Jerabek, Senior Dev Writer, presented an overview of the Office Add-ins
- Sohail Zafar, Senior Program Manager, covered what’s new in the Outlook Add-ins APIs, including new worksheet events onSingleClicked, onRowHiddenChanged, and onRowSorted.
- Lance Austin, BXB Digital at Brambles, presented about how you can use standard Web APIs like Web Workers, IndexedDB, Web Sockets, and Service Worker to supercharge your add-in.
Watch the call here.
View the presentation here.
The next Office Add-ins community call is on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 8:00AM PST. You can download a recurring calendar invite at https://aka.ms/officeaddinscommunitycall.
Engage with us
Are you interested in delivering a presentation during an upcoming Office Add-ins community call? Or would you be willing to provide feedback aimed at helping to improve the Office Add-ins documentation? If you answered yes to either (or both!) of these questions, please connect with us by completing this short survey form.
We welcome you to submit questions and topic suggestions in advance of each call by using our short survey form. Here’s the Q&A for questions that were submitted for May’s call:
For block on send, for old OWA, is it already in production?
When will it be possible to do a simple mail Forward using the JS API?
Currently this feature is not a part of the product. We encourage you to add/upvote this feature in UserVoice. Feature requests submitted to UserVoice are considered when we go through our planning process.
When we try to upload a manifest with shared folder support, it fails with a schema definition error. Is there any sample manifest to use as schema check to cross reference for differences?
Be sure to nest the 1.1 version override inside the original override as follows:
For additional reference and manifest examples, see:
- Article to Enable delegate access scenario in an Outlook add-in (preview).
- Examples and notes in this GitHub issue.
- This stackoverflow thread.
The breakage of makeEWSRequestAsync in Outlook for Mac clients has been extremely painful for us and our shared customers. It’s been broken for over a month in mainline channel builds. Any updates you can provide? https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/433
The Outlook team is aware and working on this as a top priority. Keep an eye on the GitHub issue where we will post an update soon.
What is the exact date to release the Edge WebView control for the public? And what is the timeline for being able to load Outlook add-ins in Edge rather than IE?
The EdgeHTML control will replace the Internet Explorer 11 control in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for desktop on Windows. Keep an eye on the Office 365 developer blog for more information soon.
What are the best Excel or Outlook Add-ins?
We recommend taking a look at the most recent Office App award winners.
From May’s call
- Source code for Lance Austin’s demo: https://github.com/LanceEa/office-addin-cc
Office Add-ins community call
- Recurring, monthly community call calendar invite
- Community call topic requests and questions
- Community call recordings on the YouTube Office Dev channel
Office Add-ins feedback