September’s call, hosted by David Chesnut, featured the following presenters and topics:
- Alex Jerabek, Dev Writer, presented an overview of the Office Add-ins
- Jake Armstrong, Product Manager at Vena Solutions, presented their financial management solution for Excel, and how it authenticates and loads a document with minimal steps from the user for a more seamless Office Add-in experience.
- David Chesnut, Dev Writer, demonstrated how to integrate an Azure function into your Excel custom function in a new PnP code sample.
Watch the call here.
View the presentation here.
The next Office Add-ins community call is on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 8:00AM PST. You can download a recurring calendar invite at https://aka.ms/officeaddinscommunitycall.
Engage with us
Are you interested in delivering a presentation during an upcoming Office Add-ins community call? Or would you be willing to provide feedback aimed at helping to improve the Office Add-ins documentation? If you answered yes to either (or both!) of these questions, please connect with us by completing this short survey form.
We welcome you to submit questions and topic suggestions in advance of each call by using our short survey form. Here’s the Q&A for questions that were submitted for August’s call:
How is the progress of next requirement sets of Word? I want to know the roadmap for new Word apis.
Right now, the team is focusing on Excel and Outlook API depth. We plan to add more functionality to the Word JS APIs in the future.
When will the OnSend feature be enabled for Outlook Desktop for Windows?
The OnSend feature is now available in preview! Please try it!
When will the on-send event be available to Desktop Outlook 2016?
The OnSend feature is now available in preview! Please try it! (this is assuming you are in Office 365 licensing, we are not planning to backport to 2016 MSI as of now.)
For onSend, is there a sample manifest file for download?
You can find documentation and links to code samples here: https://docs.microsoft.com/outlook/add-ins/outlook-on-send-addins
You’ve announced that OnSend in Outlook is available on desktop in preview but I’m assuming this means Insiders (which it’s been available in for months now)? When can we expect it to be released to the monthly channel?
It should now be in PROD. We are working on releasing the APIs. The APIs are still in preview.
It’s not possible to load Office.js into an Azure function. But you can use the Open XML SDK to work with the document XML directly. You can learn more about the Open XML SDK at https://docs.microsoft.com/office/open-xml/open-xml-sdk
Office Add-ins community call
- Recurring, monthly community call calendar invite
- Community call topic requests and questions
- Community call recordings on the YouTube Office Dev channel
Office Add-ins feedback