In demo section Patrick is showing following topics
- How to call SharePoint host web from SharePoint hosted add-in using Cross Domain Library
- How to call external resources from SharePoint hosted add-in using web proxy
Patrick is a Senior Program Manager from Office 365 engineering and Office 365 Dev PnP Core team member.
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://doc.com/OfficeDevPnP.
Video at Channel 9.
- PnP Add-In Transformation Training Module 2: Managing site settings using add-in model
- PnP Add-In Transformation Training module 4: Building UX components with add-in model
See also following resources around the covered topics
- Access SharePoint 2013 data from add-ins using the cross-domain library
- Query a remote service using the web proxy in SharePoint 2013
- JSON Light support in REST SharePoint API released
- Enabling Cross-Origin Requests in ASP.NET Web API 2
See following samples from the PnP library for additional reference around the covered topics.
- Branding.ClientSideRendering – Shows usage of the client side rendering with JSLink property and how to automate this configuration from add-in
- Branding.JSLink – Shows how to setup JSLink property with no-code sandbox solution deployment
What is Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices (PnP) web cast series?
Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices (PnP) web cast series cover different patterns, practices and topics around development with Office 365 and SharePoint. Majority of the topics are valid for the Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. Our objective is to release new around 30-45 minute long web cast each Monday with few slides and live demo on the covered topic. All web casts are published at the PnP Channel 9 video blog with additional references on the existing materials.
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning’s around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen our GitHub project under dev branch and each month there will be a master merge (monthly release) with more comprehensive testing and communications. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly community calls which are open for anyone from the community. Download invite from http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPCall.
This is work done by the community for the community without any actual full time people. It’s been great to find both internal and external people who are willing to assist and share their learning’s for the benefit of others. This way we can build on the common knowledge of us all. Currently program is facilitated by Microsoft, but already at this point we have multiple community members as part of the Core team and we are looking to extend the Core team with more community members.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around PnP program or this blog post, please use the PnP Yammer group at http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPYammer.
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, Office 365, Microsoft – 7th of March 2016