The SharePoint PnP Community monthly call is our general monthly review of the latest SharePoint and Microsoft 365 PnP topics (news, tools, extensions, features, capabilities, content and training), engineering priorities and community recognition for Developers, IT Pros and Makers. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month.
SharePoint Framework (SPFx) v1.11 is expected to rollout very soon – days/hours. Released a few days ago – .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API. SharePoint engineering’s focus based on UserVoice requests is: 1) Add managed metadata term store operations to REST API and 2) Add support of SharePoint Framework solution packages to the AppSource Store. Delivery of capabilities within weeks. As is usual in this call, there was the typical acknowledgement of a truly atypical community. Thank you. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Updates on Microsoft 365 Information barriers – a overview of Microsoft 365 Information Barriers (IB) and how IB policies interplay with SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams experiences. Capabilities are demonstrated and Q&A addresses licensing, availability, future direction. Essentially, IB is a 2nd layer of authorization, the first being SP permissions, that are explicitly associated to people and to sites to control access and dissemination of information for compliance purposes.
- Register for First Time Contributor Session on July 24th and 27th at https://aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Register for Community Docs Session on July 31st and August 3rd at https://aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
This call was delivered on Tuesday, July 14, 2020. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s time stamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the SharePoint Dev YouTube Channel.
- SharePoint community update with latest news and roadmap – 3:33
- UserVoice status for SharePoint Dev – 5:57
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in past month – 9:12
- Featured Topic – Updates on Microsoft 365 Information barriers – 11:34
The full recording of this session is available from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
Presentation slides used in this community call are found at OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community (PnP) – July 2020 Update
- Use information barriers with SharePoint
- Use information barriers with OneDrive
- Information barriers in Microsoft Teams
- 14 new on-demand training sessions for SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Yammer, and Stream
- PnP Weekly – Videos
- PnP Weekly – Podcasts
- M365 Community Documentation – (non-dev)
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance – (technical)
- SharePoint look book
- SharePoint Framework v1.10
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough with http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 15th of July 2020