SharePoint monthly community call is our monthly review for SharePoint community to stay up to date on the latest changes to SharePoint topics from an engineering and community perspective. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month and we cover a summary of SharePoint engineering news, latest guidance, status in UserVoice, community contributions and other relevant topics.
Roadmap update – SharePoint Framework v1.11, to be released by end-of-month. Features include: Optimizing framework for AppSource, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Graph integration, and more. Actively focusing on 3 UserVoice entries – Support .NET Standard, Adding managed metadata to REST API and SPFx solution packages supported in AppSource. The June version of M365 & SharePoint Community (PnP) – June 2020 update, went live today. Thank you for your many contributions during May. How does this community accomplish so much? The short answer: It’s the commitment by you and many passionate others. Thank you. A few ideas on how we do it are shared in the latest PnP Weekly – Episode 86. The deep-dive topic today: Microsoft Search UX customization (Search Box, Verticals and Refiners) for SharePoint content. Two demos are delivered. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Two demos are delivered in this session.
- Microsoft Search User Experience (UX) customization – In this 12-minute Admin focused demo, Jyoti Pal focuses on customizations in 2 areas – Verticals and Refiners (filters) on the Microsoft Search results page. You can edit/rename OOB verticals, create custom verticals and create custom refiners. Custom refiners may be added on existing verticals and on custom verticals. Configure search simply on the customization tab in the O365 Admin Center. Properties are associated to refiners and refiners are added to verticals. These new capabilities are available for Tenant and Site scopes. Private preview of Search UX customization expected CY20Q3.
- Microsoft Search Box changes – In this 15-minute demo delivered by Kerem Yuceturn, Admins get an early look at the latest search box changes for OneDrive and SharePoint (and by extension Microsoft Teams). Microsoft engineering is adding a Microsoft Search scoping control to the Modern search box that optionally, you may add Microsoft Search to Classic sites. The new component allows for scoping wider, not lower (from Site -> Hub -> Whole organization), respects the SearchScope setting, and delivers suggestions matching the scope selected. The presenter shows search configuration. Capability release is slated for CY20Q3.
- Register for First Time Contributor Session on June 18th, 19th or 22nd. Request a Buddy and/or see other events, visit https://aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
This is the recording of SharePoint Ecosystem / Patterns and Practices (PnP) monthly community call from Tuesday, June 9, 2020. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s time stamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the SharePoint Dev YouTube Channel. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft).
- SharePoint community update with latest news and roadmap – 1:51
- UserVoice status for SharePoint Dev – 4:00
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in past month – 4:54
- Topic – Microsoft Search UX customization (Search Box, Verticals and Refiners) for SharePoint content
Full recording of this session is available from SharePoint Developer YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Presentation slides used in the community call is available from OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- The Microsoft 365 / SharePoint Community (PnP) – June 2020 Update
- PnP Weekly – Videos
- PnP Weekly – Podcasts
- M365 Community Documentation – (non-dev)
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance – (technical)
- SharePoint look book
- SharePoint Framework v1.10
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 10th of June 2020