SharePoint development monthly community call is our monthly review for SharePoint developers to stay up to date on the latest changes to SharePoint Dev topics from an engineering and community perspective. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month and we cover a summary of SharePoint Development engineering news, latest guidance, status in UserVoice, community contributions and other relevant topics.
You can also check the latest updates from the monthly summary at aka.ms/spdev-blog. Of particular interest this month, PnP PowerShell and PnP Sites Core are moving from the SharePoint organization to the PnP GitHub organization now. Yo Teams is under the PnP umbrella now as well. You can download a recurrent invite for these monthly calls from http://aka.ms/spdev-call.
This is the recording of SharePoint Ecosystem / Patterns and Practices (PnP) monthly community call from Tuesday, March 10, 2020. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s time stamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the SharePoint Dev YouTube Channel. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft).
- SharePoint Dev engineering update with latest news and roadmap – 4:15
- UserVoice status for SharePoint Dev – 8:08
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in past month – 10:45
- Topic – Microsoft Teams and SharePoint integration – the latest on current and upcoming capabilities, like Teamify v2, New page tab, SP resources in chat and more. – 12:45
The presenters in this session are Tejas Mehta and Prateek Dudeja – SharePoint Program Managers at Microsoft. Their presentation is divided into 2 parts + Q&A.
- Part 1: Getting the most out of current Teams integrations – Groupify & Teamify, Lists & Libraries, and Pages and News. Teamify = add a Team to a Group and Groupify = add a group to a Team site.
- Part 2: A glimpse into what’s coming – Teamify v2, New pages tab, and richer SharePoint resources in chat – Adaptive Cards.
Full recording of this session is available from SharePoint Developer YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Presentation slides used in the community call is available from OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- The Microsoft 365 / SharePoint Community (PnP) – March 2020 Update
- Microsoft 365 community documentation hosted at docs.microsoft.com | (link goes to GitHub today, soon it will be redirected to the new community docs site)
- PnP Weekly – Episode 74 (Guest: Fabian Williams)
- Update – SharePoint look book
- Tutorial – Updated SharePoint Framework v1.10 tutorials – February, 2020
- UserVoice – SharePoint Dev
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance
- Preallocating space for SharePoint Framework extension placeholders
- SharePoint Framework v1.10
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint look book
- Microsoft Ignite 2019 – On Demand recordings
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough with http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 11th of March 2020