SharePoint Dev Community (PnP) – General SP Dev SIG recording – 20th of February 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft SharePoint engineering around PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell and on modernization tooling. February versions of PnP CSOM Core Library, PnP PowerShell and Transformation Framework are available. Modernization scanner v2.9 released this week. A new Transformation Framework capability – Taxonomy mapping is slated for release in March! Q&A takes place in chat throughout each call.
ACTION: Delve Blogs are retired and will be removed in July, 2020 – use the scanner and page transformation to migrate now!
Three demos were delivered in this session. 1) Using @rowIndex and Custom Header in list view formatting – the baseline @rowIndex (Alternating Row formatting) capability is significantly enhanced with a formatting sample that allows the developer to not only select alternating rows, but also to hide existing column headings, to create independent row formatting, to add a custom header and to add icons and color fields based on position in the Row Index, 2) Getting started with customizing lists using PnP PowerShell – step-by-step on using PnP PowerShell in the new Windows Terminal to create and populate a custom list (GenericList) on a targeted site, and 3) Updates on SharePoint development and extensibility documentation structures – A guided tour of the newly reorganized SharePoint developer documentation site.
The call was hosted by Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft).
Topics covered on February 20, 2020
- General community news
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 10:02
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) – 11:18
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 12:24
- Demo: Using @rowIndex and Custom Header in list view formatting | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 15:28
- Demo: Getting started with customizing lists using PnP PowerShell | Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) | @erwinvanhunen – 28:41
- Demo: Updates on SharePoint development and extensibility documentation structures | Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @andrewconnell – 45:00
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- Sharing is Caring | https://aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Video: No-code solution to expose you modern SharePoint Online corporate portal in Microsoft Teams
- PnP Weekly – Episode 71
- Sample: Alternating row class
- Sample: Custom header format
- Blogpost: Alternating Row Styles with List Formatting
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint List Formatting Samples
- Generic substring status formatting sample
- Doc Column formatting
- PnP Power Shell
- PnP Provisioning Schema – v 201909
- PnP Provisioning Schema (preview) – v 202002
- SharePoint look book
- Sharing is Caring page
- List formatting samples
- List column formatting documentation
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Guidance – Sharing is caring
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- SharePoint Modernization Partner (Anyone) Guidance – First release!
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- Page transformation documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is March 5, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 21st of February 2020