SharePoint Dev Community (PnP) – General SP Dev SIG recording – 23rd of January 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft SharePoint engineering around PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell and on modernization tooling. January releases of PnP CSOM Core Library, PnP PowerShell, Transformation Framework, Modernization scanner (v2.8) were delivered last week. ACTION: Delve Blogs are retired and will be removed – use the scanner and page transformation to migrate now!
Three demos were delivered in this session. 1) Updates on the sp-dev-docs issue list support model – changes have been made to the issues list guidance (process, policy) and submission template as well as a number of older issues were closed. The changes are focused on getting the right questions in the right place for quicker resolution. Note: Closed issues may be reopened, if still relevant. 2) Using column and view formatting in lists and libraries at Microsoft Teams – in the list formatting repo in GitHub, there are 70 list column and view formatting code samples that you can simply copy and paste into column settings in your list. Also shown was deep linking into chat, tabs, scheduling dialog, etc., in a list column, and 3) Reference implementation / tutorial on complex workplace provisioning automation – the presenters have created a tutorial/workshop with excellent documentation on how to create an end-to-end Office 365 groups provisioning solution. Get hands on experience with how technologies including: .NET Core, TypeScript development, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, Microsoft Graph, PnP PowerShell, and PnP Provisioning, work together to deliver this automated provisioning solution.
The call was hosted by Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft).
Topics covered on January 23rd, 2020
- General community news
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 7:26
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Rencore) – 10:20
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 12:36
- Demo: Updates on the sp-dev-docs issue list support model | Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @andrewconnell – 15:28
- Demo: Using column and view formatting in lists and libraries at Microsoft Teams | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 27:17
- Demo: Reference implementation / tutorial on complex workplace provisioning automation | Vincent Biret (Microsoft) | @baywet and Franck Cornu (aequos) | @FranckCornu – 38:11
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- sp-dev-docs issues list – Special Actions
- Closed issues list on GitHub
- Document – Deep linking to a chat
- List Formatting Samples – Multi-Person Teams Chat Link
- List Formatting Samples – Multi-Person Facepile
- Tutorial – Workpace Provisioning
- Teams and SharePoint provisioning – What, Why and How | Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava) | @laurakokkarinen
- Sharing is Caring page
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- List formatting samples
- List column formatting documentation
- SharePoint look book
- Updated SPFX Training Package
- Pre-allocating space for SharePoint Framework extension placeholders
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- Custom Learning Documentation
- Learning Pathways
- Learning pathways Admin Success Center
- Melissa’s site designs Ignite 2019 session
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- SharePoint Framework developer training package (December 2019)
- Guidance – Sharing is caring
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Survey – Give us feedback on our community calls
- SharePoint Modernization Partner (Anyone) Guidance – First release!
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- Page transformation documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is February 6, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 24th of January 2020