SharePoint Dev Community (PnP) – General SP Dev SIG recording – 9th of January 2020.
SharePoint and Office 365 Dev Community adoption numbers are strong. PnP CSOM Core, PnP PowerShell and Modernization Tool updates reviewed. SharePoint Framework version 1.10 was released on January 7th. SPFx can now be used to create M365 Solutions for SharePoint, Teams and Office Add-Ins. Version releases yet to come in January include PnP CSOM Core, PnP PowerShell, Transformation Framework and Modernization Scanner. Two demos are delivered. One focused on adding UI Fabric icons to list column and view data points – including conditional formatting and the other demo walks viewers through deploying multi-lingual modern pages either manually or by using SharePoint tenant templates.
Don’t miss the January 14th General PnP call with a focus on Project Cortex.
Topics covered on January 9th, 2020
- General community news
- Updates from Microsoft – 6:25
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 12:36
- PnP PowerShell updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 14:45
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 15:38
- Demo: Latest features and capabilities around column and view formatting | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 18:56
- Demo: Deploying multi-lingual modern pages using SharePoint tenant templates (PnP templates) | Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 32:14
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- List formatting samples
- UI Fabric Icons
- List column formatting documentation
- SharePoint look book
- Updated SPFX Training Package
- Pre-allocating space for SharePoint Framework extension placeholders
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- Custom Learning Documentation
- Learning Pathways
- Learning pathways Admin Success Center
- Melissa’s site designs Ignite 2019 session
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- SharePoint Framework developer training package (December 2019)
- Guidance – Sharing is caring
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Survey – Give us feedback on our community calls
- SharePoint Modernization Partner (Anyone) Guidance – First release!
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- Page transformation documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is January 23, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 10th of January 2020