SharePoint development monthly community call is our monthly event for SharePoint developers to stay up to date on the latest changes to SharePoint Dev topics from engineering and community perspective. This monthly community call happens on every second Tuesday of each month and we cover a summary of SharePoint Development engineering news, latest guidance, status in UserVoice, community contributions and other relevant topics.
This is the recording of SharePoint Dev Ecosystem / Patterns and Practices (PnP) monthly community call from Tuesday 11th of September 2018. Here’s used agenda with direct links to specific sections, if you want to directly jump to a specific topic (will redirect your browser to SharePoint Dev YouTube Channel).
- Latest SharePoint community metrics from August 2018 (YouTube, GitHub etc.) – 5:19
- A quick look at the SharePoint Developer roadmap – 14:32
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved with in past month – 16:28
- Demo – Deploying consistent footer cross your tenant using tenant wide deployment of SPFx extensions – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) – 18:59
- Demo – Angular Elements with SharePoint Framework – Andrew Connell (Voitanos) – 35:03
- Demo – Introducing PnP Yeoman Template packages for open-sourcing your SPFx project scaffolding – Stefan Bauer – 50:49
Full recording – available from SharePoint Developer YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Presentation slides used in the community call is available from http://aka.ms/spdev-presentations.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- Reusable and configurable footer solution – open-source solution from SharePoint GitHub organization
- Using Angular Elements with SharePoint Framework – blog series from Andrew Connell
- PnP SharePoint Framework Yeoman generator
- SharePoint Development September 2018 monthly summary
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough with http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of September 2018