SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. This video was recorded on Monday 28th of January 2019.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute. Please do give us feedback on this new video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work in Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Office 365 CLI
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – upcoming service for demo modern sites (currently in internal testing)
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- January 2019 SharePoint Modernization News – Chris McNulty (Microsoft)
- The beta release of PnP page transformation UI solution – Bert Jansen (Microsoft)
- Episode #41 – Developing Microsoft Teams Tabs with SharePoint Framework – Paolo Pialorsi (Piasys.com)
- ‘gulp dist’ in SPFx? One command to create a clean solution package – Stefan Bauer (n8d)
- [Office 365 Sparx] How to use the Browser Preview VS Code extension with #SPFx – Sébastien Levert (Valo Intranet)
- Intro to Durable Functions in Node.js with PnPJs – Simon Ågren (Sogeti)
- SharePoint Framework and Dynamic CSS Styles – Part 2: Dynamic Bundling of Styles – David Warner II (Catapult Systems)
- SPFx WebPart scoped service – Yannick Plenevaux
- Thread view for SharePoint classic Discussion Board – Joel Rodrigues (CPS Solutions)
- How to let users fill out new documents based on a template in Office client directly from SharePoint – Jonas Bjerke Hansen (IT Relation A/S)
- Expiring news across modern SharePoint – Joanne Klein
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 29th of January 2019