SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. This video was recorded on Monday 15th of April 2019.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute, but they often go slightly longer than intended. Please do give us feedback on this new video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Spring arriving in the northern hemisphere
- Gearing up for the upcoming conferences
- Requirements around the modern capability APIs – like standardized modern page API (in works)
- REST vs SDK usage when writing client-side web parts or other solutions
- Minimal viable product process for releasing new capabilities – advantages and disadvantages – clearly a recurrent topic
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Updated SharePoint Framework developer training package (April 2019) – SharePoint engineering (Microsoft)
- Configure modern search results to search all of your organization (rather than the current site) – Kerem Yuceturk (Microsoft)
- A modern “Save List as Template” – Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- Extension (List View Command Set) for unpromoting a news (or unplublish a news) – Harsh Damania
- Property Pane dynamic fields – Marco Barbosa (BindTuning)
- Disable Footer on Communication site and subsites – David Ramalho (BindTuning)
- File Picker: Creating a Custom Component for SPFx Web Parts – Hugo Bernier
- Creating and Deploying a Custom Theme in SharePoint Online – Marc D Anderson (Symraxis Consulting LLC)
- Tip: ‘npm version’ isn’t creating a tag for your project – Julie Turner (Symraxis Consulting LLC)
- Restrict Permissions on Editing SharePoint SPFx Property Pane Configurations – Nakkeeran Natarajan
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 16th of April 2019