SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. This video was recorded on Friday 7th of June 2019.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute, but they always go slightly longer than intended. Please do give us feedback on this video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Notice – SharePoint Dev Weekly will be on a summer break during July. We will not be having community calls or delivering SharePoint Developer weekly updates during this time. Back in normal business on August.
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Advantages of the open-source projects for Microsoft and community – it’s not just about sharing code, it’s also about agility
- Laws of physics when migrating data to the cloud
- Discussions on the upcoming .NET Core/Standard CSOM release and impact of that to the PnP open-source projects
- Growing demand for SharePoint Framework and modern extensibility for SharePoint Online and in Microsoft Teams
- Work performed on the Office 365 CLI open-source project lead by Waldek
- Pen tricks and different kind of pens cross the world – there’s even an orange pen 🙂
- Ad-hoc competition to get 50 Parker stickers sent to the fastest reply of the initial tweet around this episode
SharePoint Saturdays this week:
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- SharePoint Modernization Tooling – Microsoft
- SharePoint Framework webpart with PnPJS CRUD operations – Veerasekar Meiyappan (Cognizant)
- Save important emails to SharePoint with Microsoft Flow – John Liu (FlowStudio.app)
- Teams Directory using SPFx & MS Graph – Rabia Williams (Engage Squared) @williamsrabia
- SharePoint API and Microsoft Graph with Jeremy Kelley & Cathy Dew – Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast, Cathy Dew (Microsoft) and Jeremy Kelley (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Framework bookmarklet tool for quick and easy debugging – Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet)
- Building Single Page Application with React, MSAL.js and PnPjs – Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq)
- List all failed site designs in your tenant – Albert-Jan Schot (Mavention)
- How I got more involved in open source – Albert-Jan Schot (Mavention)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 11th of June 2019