SharePoint Dev Weekly is a video and a podcast series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They are often joined by a visitor to talk about specific topics. We’ll also highlight other latest SharePoint Dev news and most interesting engineering and community articles. This was recorded on Monday 9th of September 2019. In session video guys were joined by Cathy Dew who works as a program manager at Microsoft. She leads the development of branding and store capabilities in SharePoint.
- Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
- Now also in a podcast format at https://spdevweekly.podbean.com
These videos and podcasts are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute, but they typically go slightly longer than intended if presenters get lost on the discussion, like this time. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the podcast and video
Discussions in on the following topics:
- Get to know Cathy’s history as an MVP before moving to Microsoft 3 years ago
- SharePoint Branding – What’s possible currently and the future direction – what about custom master pages?
- Impact of accessibility for branding and related extensibility
- Reasons why master pages model was not sustainable and functioning solution for cloud based deployments
- SharePoint Store and work being done on that side
- Cathy’s work on diversity and inclusiveness topics with Women in SharePoint initiative
- Chance of the community to be more diverse to ensure that everyone can be active in the community
- Importance of accepting people as they are regardless of their background
SharePoint Saturdays this week
- SharePoint Saturday Barcelona – 14th of September – #SPSBCN
- SharePoint Saturday Stockholm – 14th of September – #SPSSTHLM
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- SharePoint Framework – Getting started – Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore)
- SharePoint Framework Summer 2019 Wish List – Andrew Connell (Voitanos)
- How to easily deploy the list view formatting templates built by the community – Joao Ferreira (BindTuning)
- List Formatting Samples – Community
- How to provision and deploy the PnP SharePoint Starter Kit part one – Anthony Tudor (Canal & River Trust)
- SharePoint Framework Application Customizer Cross-Site Page Loading – Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting)
- Building the foundation for Office 365 eDiscovery – Joanne Klein (NexNovus)
- Optimize your SPFx projects with React.lazy – Stefan Bauer (N8D)
- Using the SFPx library component for simplifying the localization experience – Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly recordings and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 10th of September 2019