In this session of SharePoint Dev Weekly, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), and typically a special guest from the SharePoint PnP Community, discuss the latest news and topics around SharePoint development.
In this episode, Vesa and Waldek are joined by Agnes Molnar, owner of Search Explained based in Budapest, delivering consulting and training services worldwide. In addition to drawing attention to the recent advancements being delivered by the SharePoint Community and Microsoft, Vesa, Waldek and Agnes’ discussion this week centered on why search is again cool. Albeit, with all the new capabilities including AI and auto tagging, the group agrees – humans will not be replaced anytime soon by computers lacking our human experiences, associations, intentions or essence necessary for defining how we shape, interpret and share knowledge with others. And by the way, metadata is not going away either! Humans remain needed and necessary for curating content and metadata, in addition to teaching computers how find stuff for us more effectively. Cool!
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, February 3, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #SPDevWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- Salt Lake M365 Friday | #SPSUtah
- SharePoint Saturday – Chennai 2020 | @spschennai
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: January 2020 | Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- PnP Modern Search solution | PnP Community
- Getting started on using custom search result page in SharePoint Online | Microsoft
- Intelligent Intranet Accelerator Workshop Locations In 2020 | Brad McCabe (Microsoft)
- Impact on Authentication from SameSite changes in Chrome | Microsoft Identity Development
- Microsoft Graph PowerShell Preview – Now on PowerShell Gallery | Darrel Miller (Microsoft)
- Office 365 CLI v2.6 | PnP Community
- We’ve made some changes to our social channels | @microsoft365dev
- Reusable Target Audience wrapper based on SharePoint groups for custom SPFx webparts | Rabia Williams (Engage Squared)
- Peculiarity with Hub sites – SPFx Header displayed state of associated site is initial preserved | William van Strien (ASML)
- Generate PDF Document In SPFx | Madhan Thurai
- Episode #86 – Discovering Joined Teams using Microsoft Graph | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com)
- Custom Search in SPO using Out-of-the-Box features and Open Source Webparts! | Veronique Lengelle (TSG)
- SP Usage docs move to Microsoft 365 community | Marc D Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 4th of February 2020