SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from March 12th is now available from the SharePoint Development YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
PnPjs v2.0.3 released February 14th, PnP Office 365 CLI version 2.8 with commands for spfx doctor (for checking compatibility of dev environment with SPFx versions) released. React Controls – Beta 1.17 available and React Property Controls 1.17.0 released. Just released – a new SharePoint look book template – Building a crisis communications site to connect people and information. Reminder: print and video tutorials and training materials for SharePoint Framework 1.10 available. This call included a 10-minute rapid fire Q&A session with questions ranging from Parker’s Place, to SPFx 1.11 Roadmap, Teams templates and more.
Three demos are delivered in this session:
- Building custom SPFx Twitter web part delivered by Alex Terentiev. This is a customizable React Twitter web part you can add to your page to display tweets on a timeline. It leverages available React components and PnP controls. Many, many options in the Property pane for this control. While there is an out-of-the-box Twitter web part today, it is not as configurable as this PnP web part.
- Using application customizer to add new header extension. Martin Hatch has created a site collection scope focused JS web part for customers with extremely focused content with loads of custom metadata that is not relevant at tenant level (Microsoft Search scope). Also great for global orgs with huge groups with 1000s of pages and docs that want their own dedicated search center while not wanting to disrupt the global level search functionality. This web part is completely JS.
- Building enhanced commenting web part with SPFx showcased by Sudharsan Kesavanarayanan – SharePoint Consultant in Singapore. This web part is an “advanced comments box” – using SPFx with jQuery Plugin. Out-of-the-box commenting is a limited experience today. The robust capabilities of this web pat include: comment classifications/sort by, add attachments, see previews, like and reply to comments, hash tag and ping users, icon for new comments. The purely JS web part uses jQuery and SPFx property controls 1.16.0.
Thank you PnP community members for your great work on controls, demos and documentation.
This call was hosted by Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft)
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – 6:12
- PnPjs Client Libraries – 12:12
- Office 365 CLI – 13:24
- SPFx reusable controls – 14:28
- SPFx Generator – 15:39
- Q&A – 48:45
- Demo: Building custom SPFx Twitter web part | Alex Terentiev (SharePointalist) | @alexaterentiev – 16:40
- Demo: Using application customizer to add new header extension | Martin Hatch | @MartinHatch – 25:16
- Demo: Building enhanced commenting web part with SPFx | Sudharsan Kesavanarayanan | @sudharsank – 39:16
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used for this community call
- React Twitter Embed Component
- Request help making react Twitter Feed component #461
- Intranet-searchbox Sample: sp-dev-fx-extensions
- jQuery comments
- Advanced Commenting Sample
- New Look book template – Building a crisis communications site to connect people and information
- March 2020 PnP Summary Blog
- Video – Building Microsoft Teams personal apps easily using SharePoint Framework
- Tutorials – Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Tutorials (12 videos)
- Tutorials – Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Extensions (6 videos)
- Docs – Tutorials and training material for SharePoint Development
- PnP SPFx Web Part Samples
- SharePoint Framework 1.10
- Sharing is Caring guidance
- Updated SPFX Training Package
- SPFx Web Parts
- SPFx Extensions
- SPFx Library Components
- Documentation – PnPjs v2 documentation
- Link – Microsoft 365 developer training
- Link – Office 365 Developer Program
- SharePoint Framework React Controls v1.10.0 released
- New SharePoint Framework web part sample gallery – aka.ms/spfx-webparts
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on March 26, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 13th of March 2020