SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from September 12th is now available from the SharePoint Development YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Topics covered on September 12th, 2019 – Call hosted by Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys)
- SharePoint Framework update from Microsoft Engineering (3:30)
- PnP JS Core library update (7:49)
- Office 365 CLI update (8:49)
- Reusable SPFx controls update (9:53)
- PnP SPFx Yeoman extension (10:53)
- Demo – Franck Cornu (aequos) – Building modern search center using open-source search solution (11:54)
- Demo – João Mendes (CREATE IT) – React based Carousel web part (35:16)
- Q&A (39:39)
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used in the community call
- Open-Source Modern SharePoint Search web parts demonstrated by Franck
- React based Carousel web part source code
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues.
- @pnp scoped libraries
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on September 26th, 2019, see you then!
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 17th of September 2019