SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from August 15th is now available from the SharePoint Development YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Topics covered on August 15th, 2019 – Call hosted by Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Framework update from Microsoft Engineering (4:16)
- PnP JS Core library update (10:56)
- Office 365 CLI update (12:19)
- Reusable SPFx controls update (13:36)
- PnP SPFx Yeoman extension – (14:37)
- Demo – Bill Ayers (Flow Simulation Ltd.) – Using React Functional Components and Hooks with SharePoint Framework (16:06)
- Demo – Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) – Preview PnPjs 2.0: extension methods (38:25)
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used in the community call
- React Hooks documentation
- Bill’s samples – Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3
- PnPjs 2.0 development – Getting involved on contributing to this open-source initiative
- Getting started on using PnPjs in your SharePoint Framework solutions
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues.
- @pnp scoped libraries
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is August 29th, 2019, see you then!
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 16th of August 2019