SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from January 16th is now available from the SharePoint Development YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Topics covered: Updates on SharePoint Framework from Microsoft SharePoint engineering, latest on PnPjs Client Libraries, Office 365 CLI, SPFx Reusable Controls, and on the PnP Yeoman Generator. Highlighted: SharePoint Framework version 1.10 has been released. Engineering Roadmap includes: Make SPFx apps available in App Source, unified tool chain for M365 workloads, native support for Fluid Framework and more. PnPjs v2 released – January 17th. PnP Office 365 CLI new version 2.5.0 released – more commands! Reusable SPFx React Controls 1.17.0 beta has been released. Performance/reliability updates to SharePoint look book.
Three very useful demos were delivered during this session:
- Site collection app catalog summary view web part – focuses on a SPFx web part that returns a list of sites that have site catalogs, as well as listing of installed apps and versions. The latter two demos showcase using capabilities from the extensibility library to create/add new functionality to the PnP modern search web part released in December.
- Updates on the PnP modern web parts solutions – Latest capabilities – Improved functionality for customizing UX – pages and columns and a simple means to create your own components.
- Custom query suggestions functionality in the PnP modern search solution – allows customer to use search web part and also to add their own rich query suggestions.
Finally, there was 5 minutes left for Q & A.
Thank you PnP community members for your great work on controls, demos and documentation.
This call was hosted by Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft)
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – 6:52
- PnPjs Client Libraries – 11:43
- Office 365 CLI – 14:30
- SPFx reusable controls – 16:25
- PnP Yeoman Generator – 18:30
- Q&A – 52:00
- Demo: Site collection app catalog summary view web part | Federico Porceddu (Avanade) | @FedericoSPDev – 20:28
- Demo: Updates on the PnP modern web parts solutions – Latest capabilities | Franck Cornu (aequos) | @FranckCornu – 31:15
- Demo: Custom query suggestions functionality in the PnP modern search solution | Brad Schlintz (Microsoft) | @bschlintz – 42:39
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used for this community call
- Reference: Site collection app catalog
- Blog Post: Site collection app catalogs summary view | Franck Cornu (aequos) | @FranckCornu
- Sample: React admin sc catalog pnpjs
- Blog post: Check all SharePoint sites collection with app catalog active | David Ramalho (Storm Technology Ltd) @DavRamalho
- Reference: PnP modern search
- PnP Modern Search
- SharePoint Framework 1.10
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- Site templates: SharePoint look book
- Sharing is Caring guidance
- Updated SPFX Training Package
- SPFx Web Parts
- SPFx Extensions
- SPFx Library Components
- SPFx Solutions
- SPFx Compatibility Matrix
- SPFx Version Guidance
- NVM Node Management
- Sample – Project Online REST APIs with SharePoint Framework
- Blog Post – Project Online REST APIs with SharePoint Framework
- Article on SPFx 1.10 – Preallocating space for SharePoint Framework extension Placeholders
- Released – Preview v2.4.0 of PnP Office 365 CLI – get the beta in npm install -g @pnp/office365-cli@next
- Released – Reusable React SPFx Controls v1.16.0. Property Controls & React Controls
- Documentation – PnPjs v2 documentation
- Link – Microsoft 365 developer training
- Link – Office 365 Developer Program
- Video – Preview of new capabilities with SharePoint Framework version 1.10
- SharePoint Framework React Controls v1.10.0 released
- New SharePoint Framework web part sample gallery – aka.ms/spfx-webparts
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- @pnp scoped libraries
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on January 30, 2020, see you in the new year!
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 17th of January 2020