SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from November 21st is now available from the SharePoint Development YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Call summary: Release of SPFx v1.10 capabilities preview video, announced SPFx support for Query Suggestions extension and Office 365 add-ins, Fluid Framework video to be released soon, PnPjs v2 beta minus the Graph library, additional language support in SPFx reusable controls and PnP/SPFx Generator release 1.10.1 has been released.
Thank you PnP community members for your great work on controls, demos and documentation. Note: The Graph library is being removed from PnPjs, but it’s not being deprecated, the library will likely live in the Graph SDK.
Demos: 1) A React extension that generates a QR code to point to documents, sites, SharePoint libraries, etc. An article on this topic will be posted shortly at https://tahoeninjas.blog/. 2) A React-webcam webpart. Functions include – open webcam, take photo, close webcam. Additional functions in development due out soon: Capture a photo at runtime and use PnPjs to upload photo to a SharePoint document library. See https://www.npmjs.com/package/react-webcam. Lastly, 3) a SPFx webpart – “React My Groups” that uses Microsoft Graph to grab Office 365 groups the current user is a member and returns a link to each group’s SharePoint site.
This call was hosted by Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft)
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – 5:09
- PnPjs Client Libraries – 11:18
- Office 365 CLI – 14:05
- SPFx reusable controls – 14:53
- PnP Yeoman Generator – 16:43
- QR Code generator for list items solution with SPFx | Hugo Bernier (Point Alliance) | @bernierh – 18:29
- Operating web camera from SharePoint Framework solutions | Siddharth Vaghasia (Tata Consultancy Services) | @siddh_me – 30:34
- My Groups web part | Zach Roberts | @ZachSPODev – 42:54
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used in the community call
- Video – Preview of new capabilities with SharePoint Framework version 1.10
- SharePoint Framework React Controls v1.10.0 released
- React-Webcam package
- QR Code Scanner website to verify generated QR code
- From new Microsoft Teams experiences to the all-new Project Cortex—here’s what’s coming soon to Microsoft 365 – Jared Spataro (Microsoft)
- Fluid Framework private preview (Microsoft)
- The Future is Fluid – Jeff Teper (Microsoft)
- SharePoint look book v2
- New SharePoint Framework web part sample gallery – aka.ms/spfx-webparts
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues.
- @pnp scoped libraries
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on December 5, 2019, see you then!
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 22nd of November 2019