SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from August 29th is now available from the SharePoint Development YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Topics covered on August 29th, 2019 – Call hosted by Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Framework update from Microsoft Engineering (7:03)
- PnP JS Core library update (16:15)
- Office 365 CLI update (16:55)
- Reusable SPFx controls update (18:00)
- PnP SPFx Yeoman extension (18:49)
- Demo – Ramin Ahmadi (Content and Code) – Override list experience with a custom web part – hacky way (NOT recommended in production) (20:06)
- Demo – David Warner (Catapult) – SharePoint Library Components – Simultaneous Parallel development (32:55)
- Q&A (44:15)
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used in the community call
- Sample code from Ramin
- Tutorial – Getting started with SharePoint Framework Library components
- Video – Getting started on using PnPjs in your SharePoint Framework solutions
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues.
- @pnp scoped libraries
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on September 12th, 2019, see you then!
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 30th of August 2019