In this SharePoint PnP Partner Story, we concentrated on showing how MondayCoffee is using the reusable SharePoint PnP components and patterns in their solutions built for their customers. MondayCoffee is an award-winning Swiss Microsoft Gold certified company providing services and solutions for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. They have built their own multi-tenant service hosted in Microsoft Azure for automating SharePoint Online tenant management and to provide more detailed control for the customer administrators around the different services provided for their end users.
MondayCoffee is using SharePoint PnP Provisioning Engine in their solution to provide reliable template mechanism for different capabilities, which end users can enable in SharePoint Online collaboration sites. During this webcast, we talk about also the company transition from being classic System Integrator (SI) to ISV for providing better services
Presentation section covers following topics
- Introduction to partner – MondayCoffee
- Story – Why MondayCoffee moved from being System Integrator as ISV?
- Overall architecture of the CoffeeNet365 solution
- How CoffeeNet365 solution has been built from technical perspective
- How SharePoint PnP Provisioning engine is used for capability templates – to provision for example document library with predefined configurations
- Different technical challenges and how they are solved in solution design
- How to deploy or update solution without interrupting service in Azure platform
- How to deal with shared code across different customers to avoid conflicts
- How to deal with SharePoint Framework and modern experiences
Webcast contains multiple demos showing the different topics around the solution
- End user experience for finding sites and how to provision new sites and manage different capabilities in the sites
- Multilingual solution support
- Settings and configuration experience for end users
- Adding new capabilities to the sites from end user perspective
- Template engine admin UIs and impact for end users
- How tenant administrators or power users can configure capability templates in admin capabilities provided for customers
- How to deploy new versions of the solution for customers without service interruptions
Video Presenters: Oliver Zeiser (MondayCoffee), Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft)
Video at YouTube.
See following resources around the covered topics and mentioned resources.
- MondayCoffee – Award-winning Swiss Microsoft Gold certified company
- PnP Partner Pack in GitHub – Source code and installation details
- PnP Webcast – Introduction to PnP Partner Pack v2.0
- PnP Webcast – Introduction to PnP Provisioning Engine
- PnP Core Component – Site Provisioning Framework
is SharePoint Patterns & Practices (PnP) initiative?
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning’s around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen in our GitHub repositories. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly release notes and community calls which are open for anyone from the community.
This is work done by the community for the community without any actual full-time people. It’s been great to find both internal and external people who are willing to assist and share their learning’s for the benefit of others. This way we can build on the common knowledge of us all. Currently, the program is facilitated by Microsoft, but already at this point, we have multiple community members as part of the Core team and we are looking to extend the Core team with more community members.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around PnP program or this blog post, please use the Microsoft Tech Community (SharePoint Developer group).
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, SharePoint, Microsoft – 22nd of June 2017