Presentation covers following topics:
- History of the sp-pnp-js library
- Current state of the library
- Relantionship with SharePoint Framework
- Future golas for the library
- Optionbs to access SharePoint data from SharePoint Framework – comparing sp-pnp-code to other options
Webcast demo (20:59) shows following details
- Eplanation of the demo setup
- Adding items in a batch to a list
- Debugging information provided by pnp-js-core library
- Using pnp-js-core in script editor web part
- Using pnp-js-core project for debugging and testing the JS library
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://docs.com/OfficeDevPnP.
Demo used in the library is available from the PnP JS Core GtiHub repository.
Video at YouTube.
See following resources around the covered topics.
- Bi-weekly SharePoint PnP Special Interest Group community calls around sp-pnp-js and SharePoint Framework
- PnP JS Core – Usage and Developer Guide
- PnP sample using pnp-js-core in context of SharePoint hosted add-in
- Microsoft TechCommunity – SharePoint Developer forum to provide input
- sp-pnp-js in NPM
What is SharePoint / Office Dev Patterns & Practices (PnP) web cast series?
SharePoint / Office Dev Patterns & Practices (PnP) webcast series covers different patterns, practices and topics around development with Office 365 and SharePoint. Majority of the topics are valid for the Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. Our objective is to release new around 30 minute long web cast each Monday with few slides and a live demo on the covered topic. All web casts are published at the PnP YouTube channel with additional references on the existing materials.
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning’s around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen in our GitHub repositories under dev branch and each month there will be a master merge (monthly release) with more comprehensive testing and communications. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly community calls which are open for anyone from the community. Download invite from http://aka.ms/SPPnP-Call.
This is work done by the community for the community without any actual full time people. It’s been great to find both internal and external people who are willing to assist and share their learning’s for the benefit of others. This way we can build on the common knowledge of us all. Currently program is facilitated by Microsoft, but already at this point we have multiple community members as part of the Core team and we are looking to extend the Core team with more community members.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around PnP program or this blog post, please use the Microsoft Tech Community (SharePoint Developer group).
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, SharePoint, Microsoft – 27th of March 2017