SharePoint development monthly community call is our monthly review for SharePoint developers to stay up to date on the latest changes to SharePoint Dev topics from an engineering and community perspective. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month and we cover a summary of SharePoint Development engineering news, latest guidance, status in UserVoice, community contributions and other relevant topics.
This is the recording of SharePoint Dev Ecosystem / Patterns and Practices (PnP) monthly community call from Tuesday, January 14, 2020. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s time stamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the SharePoint Dev YouTube Channel. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft).
- SharePoint Dev engineering update with latest news and roadmap – 6:38
- UserVoice status for SharePoint Dev – 9:00
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in past month – 10:10
- Topic – Recap and updates from the Project Cortex development team delivered by Naomi Moneypenny – Microsoft Principal PM Manager, and her team – Eric Gradel and Nkem Okoye – 12:38
First seen at Microsoft Ignite 2019, Project Cortex is the future of knowledge management for organizations and the result of a concerted effort by organizations across Microsoft to deliver a coherent cross platform experience for managing and organizing knowledge to empower people – just-in-time and in the context of their daily work. In Project Cortex, AI is fully integrated in this advanced ECM solution aiding with the evaluation of content as it comes into the organization to helping users find the right authoritative content when they need it to shape informed outbound communications.
Licensing is not yet defined for this premium offering that will be released later in H1. What is certain, is there will be plenty of extensibility opportunities for PnP Community members relating to Project Cortex. More extensions, more demos!
Full recording – available from SharePoint Developer YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Presentation slides used in the community call is available from OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- SharePoint Development January 2020 monthly summary
- SharePoint Framework v1.10
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- Tutorial – Getting started on using Microsoft Graph in SharePoint Framework solutions
- SharePoint look book
- Project Cortex demos, videos, guidance at: https://aka.ms/ProjectCortex
- Content Services: https://aka.ms/sharepoint-contentservices
- Updated – SharePoint Framework developer training package (December 2019)
- Samples – New SharePoint Framework Extensions sample gallery
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- Building modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance First release!
- Book of News – Microsoft Ignite 2019
- SharePoint look book
- Microsoft Ignite 2019 – On Demand recordings
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop November 2019
- SharePoint Provisioning Service
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough with http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 15th of January 2020