In this session of SharePoint Dev Weekly, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), and typically a special guest from the SharePoint PnP Community, discuss the latest news and topics around SharePoint development.
In this episode Vesa and Waldek are joined by Hugo Bernier – Director of Consulting Services at Point Alliance in Toronto. Hugo is an old friend and contributor to the PnP community and now a MVP who has delivered many code samples and reusable controls to-date (SharePoint Framework Samples repository) with more to come in 2020.
In addition to drawing attention to the latest advancements being delivered by the SharePoint Community and Microsoft, Vesa, Waldek and Hugo’s discussion this week focused on solution development tips and tricks.
- Acquisition model for components – reuse, buy, build
- Do what is supportable
- Build accessible and usable solutions
- Give people room to make and fix mistakes
- Manage risk and delivery through iterative development practices
- Embrace the ½ hour rule
- In the first week, create a contract between developers defining what each will be delivering
- Know the evil consultant – one who has crossed over to the anti-PnP side
Regarding the SharePoint Framework Samples repository: If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute, find an older sample in the repository and use the Office 365 CLI to upgrade and submit the newly upgraded sample to the repository. Thanks. Need help? Please reach out to Hugo, Vesa or Waldek.
This episode was recorded on Monday, January 13, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #SPDevWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Announcing SharePoint Framework 1.10 – extending SharePoint Framework across Microsoft 365
- SharePoint Framework v1.10 release notes
- Using Microsoft Graph APIs in your solution
- SharePoint Development Community (PnP) – January 2020 update
- SharePoint Framework Client-Side Web Part Samples | PnP Community
- SharePoint Framework Client-Side Extension Samples | PnP Community
- Explore Microsoft Graph Subscriptions – Part II: Azure Function’d like a Pro | Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- Hide SharePoint list from Site Contents | David Ramalho (Storm Technology Ltd)
- An Outlook Add-in with SharePoint Framework (SPFx) – Introduction | Markus Möller (Avanade)
- SPFx Optimized Package Bundling – Chunk Names – Part 1 – Custom Bundle Names | David Warner (Catapult Systems)
- Using Microsoft Graph Presence API on SharePoint Framework | Matti Paukkonen (Innofactor)
- Filtering SharePoint list items by current logged-in user in SPFx webparts | Ram Prasad (Infineon Technologies)
- Adding Partner Custom Content to Microsoft Learning Pathways Portals | Paul Bullock (Capa Creative)
- Microsoft 365 learning pathways | Microsoft
- Episode #83 – Preallocated space for SPFx extension placeholders | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 14th of January 2020