SharePoint Patterns and Practices (PnP) – General SharePoint Development Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly call recording from the May 16th meeting is now available from the PnP YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Topics covered on May 16th, 2019
- Latest engineering updates and news – 5:32
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 10:14
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Rencore) – 14:29
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 19:53
- Demo – List formatting tips – how to use SVGs in column and view formatting json definitions – Chris Kent (DMI) – 23:51
- Demo – Migrating your classic SharePoint portals to be communication sites using open-source tooling – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 34:11
- Q&A- 53:25
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- Column and view formatting samples in GitHub
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision sample modern portal content to your own tenant
- Slides used in this community call
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is May 30th, 2019, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 17th of May 2019