In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by Dan Wahlin – MVP and now Microsoft employee as a Microsoft 365 Cloud Developer Advocate on the new Microsoft 365 Cloud Developer Advocate team.
What is a Cloud Developer Advocate? The bridge between customers & partners and Microsoft 365 & Azure teams. The role advocates for customers, creates learning plans beyond “Hello World” basics, code samples, videos… Dan will focus largely on Fluid Framework. Do you have what it takes to be a Cloud Developer Advocate? If you can admit you don’t know it all and are not afraid of putting yourself out there as speaker, writer, sample developer and community participant, then you might have the right stuff. Additionally, in this episode, 17 recently released articles from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, July 6, 2020.
- Video at Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel.
- Podcast format at http://pnpweekly.podbean.com.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | June 2020 – Microsoft Teams team
- Introducing new OneDrive features to share and collaborate across work and life – Seth Patton (Microsoft) | @SethPat
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: June 2020 – Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- A Lap around Microsoft Graph Toolkit Day 12 – Success Stories of Microsoft Graph Enabled Apps – Baldwin Ng (Microsoft) | @baldwin_ng
- Duration of change tracking tokens for identity and education resources – Vincent Biret (Microsoft) | @baywet
- Announcing a simplified API for Office Scripts – Microsoft 365 Ecosystem Team
- Breaking changes for Microsoft Teams beta APIs – permissions for installing personal apps, removing unused properties from code snippets – Nick Kramer (Microsoft)
- A Lap around Microsoft Graph Toolkit Day 13 – Using Microsoft Graph Toolkit with React – Fabio Franzini | @franzinifabio
- Office 365 CLI available in Azure Cloud Shell – Microsoft 365 PnP Team
- Convert Modern SharePoint Page Banner Images to Base-64 using PowerShell – Chris Kent (DMI) | @thechriskent
- Can I convert a Publishing page to the modern experience? – Paul Bullock (Capa Creative) | @pkbullock
- Beginner’s Guide to Using the Classic Azure DevOps Build Process – Caroline Sosebee (ThreeWill)
- Have you seen the SharePoint Look Book – Laura Rodgers (IW Mentor) | @wonderlaura
- CSOM for .NET Standard with SharePoint App-only principal – Elnur Babayev (Volvo Group IT) | @elnurnb
- A Microsoft Teams Messaging Extension with Authentication and access to Microsoft Graph I – Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- How to build a simple custom Property Pane using Typescript for SPFx – Jenkins NS (JPOWER4) | @jenkinsns
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit: reusable web components to access M365 data – Ayca Bas (Microsoft) | @aycabs
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing in the community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 7th of July 2020