In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by US based Julie Turner who is Partner/CTO with Sympraxis Consulting, Microsoft Office Apps and Services MVP, co-maintainer of PnPjs project, co-developer of Learning Pathways and… This episode focuses squarely on the benefits of a committed community – together creating better practices, future proofing, sharing pride of ownership, learning and teaching. In this co-creative world with limited resources, let Microsoft build the products, fill platform bugs and expose APIs and while the community focuses on building the SDKs, extending the platform and driving deployments. 14 recently released articles from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted as well in this episode.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, September 21, 2020.
- Video at Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel – Unfortunately the video froze after the initial 6 minutes, yet the audio track was clear through the entire episode. You may want to click the link below to download the podcast for this episode.
- Podcast format at http://pnpweekly.podbean.com.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Microsoft Ignite 2020 guide to SharePoint, OneDrive, Planner, Stream, Visio and Lists | Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Your Guide to Microsoft Teams @ Ignite 2020 | Microsoft
- The Microsoft Virtual Event Playbook and Community are here! | Karuana Gatimu (Microsoft) | @Karuana
- Buckle up and get ready for Ignite 2020! | Microsoft
- Getting started with the Microsoft Graph Toolkit | Microsoft
- Microsoft 365 learning pathways | Microsoft
- Microsoft Search vs PnP Modern Search – a clash of titans! | Mikael Svenson (Microsoft) | @mikaelsvenson
- Updated version of CLI for Microsoft 365 | Microsoft 365 PnP crew
- New maintainer for CLI for Microsoft 365 – Mark Powney (Valo Intranet) | @mpowney
- Implement Microsoft Graph app-only calls the easy way using Azure Logic Apps and Azure Managed Identity | Garry Trinder | @garrytrinder
- Episode #116 – Latest news about Microsoft Teams APIs in Microsoft Graph | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @paolopia
- 5 ways to use AI to supercharge your content in Microsoft 365 | Chris O’Brien (Content and Code) | @ChrisO_Brien
- How to identify whether SPFx web part is running in web browser or in Teams client | Alexey Sadomov (Valo Intranet) | @sadomovalex
- Flow Matching file name in Library | Laura Rodgers (IW Mentor) | @wonderlaur
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing in the community
- SharePoint look book template – Microsoft 365 Learning Pathways
- Repo and overview video – Microsoft 365 learning pathways
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices Team – 22nd of September 2020